seventeen

gina

"thanks for the ride." i say.

"you kind of forced me." ej says.

"true. but thanks anyways." i say. i hug him. we hug for a while. when i slowly pull away, we meet each other's eyes. 

"um. maybe i- i think i should go." i say fully pulling away from the hug.

"yeah p- probably." ej says. 

"okay. um, bye." i say getting out of the car and running to my door. i take my keys out from my pocket and unlock and open my door. i go inside and lean against the door with my eyes closed. i open my eyes and walk to my room. i guess my mom is not here yet.

i lay down in my bed and closed my eyes. a few minutes later, i opened my eyes. but i wasn't in my room. i was laying on the ground in... the cafe...? i stood up and walk over to our usual table and sat down because i didn't know what else to do. i hear someone come in the door. it's... ej? he comes and sits on the other side of me. he takes my hand a softly kisses my knuckles. 

"hey babe." ej says.

"babe?" i ask.

"yeah gina. you're my girlfriend."

"what? no. we-we're just friends. nothing more. nothing less."

"no gina. we love each other." 

"what are you talking about?" i close my eyes. when i open them i'm back in my room. was it a dream? it was a dream. yup. just a dream gina don't freak out.

after calming myself down, i stand up and go downstairs to see if my mom was here yet. 

"mom?" i yell.

"i'm in here sweetie!" she says. i guess she's in the living room. i walk into the living room and i see her sitting on the couch. "hey sweetie."

"hi mom." i say sitting next to her.

"how was your day?"

"it was great actually."

"have you started packing?"

"mom. can i ask you something? and before you say no, i just want you to know we have this all figured out."

"okay."

"mom. can i stay here?"

"what's your plan?"

"well, nini said she has this extra bed room i'd stay there. her moms would be my temporary guardian."

"well seems like you have a great plan. how could i say no? oh i know how. no."

"please mom? my best friends live here. i can't leave them." 

"...okay fine. but you'd have to keep your grades up."

"okay i promise thank you so much mommy." i smile so hard my face hurts. i hug my mom and she hugs me back. she kisses me on my head and i stand up to go to my room but she stops me.

"you still have to pack up."

"i know mom." i laugh and run upstairs to my room. i start packing up my room. my phone starts ringing. it's nini.

"hey gin!" she says. looks like she's still at the cafe with ricky. 

"hey neens. okay guess what?" i say sitting on my bed. 

"ooo what?" 

"my mom said yes! i'm gonna stay!"

"omg! wait your not fucking with me are you?" 

"no! i'm actually staying!"

"omg! omg! omg! yes!"

"would you stop yelling?" ricky says over the phone.

"no ricky. gina is staying!" nini yells.

"wait really?" ricky says grabbing nini's phone.

"yes!" i say.

"thanks you ricky." nini says grabbing her phone back. i laugh a little.

"i'm packing up right now so i'll call you later." i say.

"okay bye gin. love you babes."

"byee love you toooo." i hang up and lay on my bed and continue to pack up.