two

nini

in the morning i woke up but i didn't open my eyes. i felt a warm boy under me. i snuggled towards it until i realized that there was a warm boy under me. i was hoping it was mylie. god, i hope it's mylie.

i opened my eyes. and sat up. it was not mylie. mylie was sleeping on the other couch. it was ricky. i'm not mad or anything. it's complicated.

i slowly tried getting off of the couch and successfully got off the couch without waking him up. but then i tripped over the leg of the coffee table and that's what woke him up. mylie could sleep through anything. she lives right next to the fire department. and there's a lot of noise in there. not including the sirens. 

"are you okay?" ricky asks. 

"i'm fine." i say getting off of the floor.

"you were alway clumsy." he says slightly laughing. 

"i'm not clumsy!" i say trying to defend myself. i really am clumsy.

"okay, whatever." he says sitting up in the couch. "nini. i need to tell you something."

"okay...?" 

"nini. i wrote a song about you." 

"really?" i say.

"yeah." he says opening his notes and giving me his phone. it was called common sense.

Common sense tells me kiss the girl goodbye
Common sense tells me leave it all behind
Common sense says the girl's not worth my time
But common sense ain't common when you come to mind
Common sense told me she was not worthwhile
Common sense said don't go the extra mile
Common sense said go back and reconcile
But common sense forgot about her smile
Second chances are thought of to be weak
Second chances in volumes do they speak
Second chances aren't given usually
But a second chance is all I really need
I think I love you (love you, love you, love you)
I want to love you (love you, love you, love you)
Please let me love you (love you, love you, love you)
I wish to show you how to love
Common sense tells me kiss the girl goodbye
Common sense tells me leave it all behind
Common sense says the girl's not worth my time
But common sense ain't common when you come to mind
No, common sense ain't common when you come to mind

when i finish reading, i give him his phone back. the guy i love wrote a song about me. he takes his phone and looks down for a while. then he finally says something.
"i know we said if we're together, it will mess up our friendship. but i can't help how i feel about you. nina, i'll always love you. even if we're just friends." he looks at me and i look back at him. then he leans toward me, and he kisses me. i kiss him back. we spent about 3 minutes having a make out session.

"holy fucking crap." mylie says. ricky pulls away and i turn around a look at mylie.

"have you been listening?" ricky asks.

"yes. yes i have." she says smirking at us. 

"i should have known. the only thing you'll wake up to is drama." i say as ricky gets up. 

"nini can i talk to you in your room?" ricky asks. 

"sure." i say. i start walking up the stairs and i stop and turn around and stick my tongue at mylie and walk upstairs.

ricky

"what did you want to talk about?" nini asks as she closes her door.

"i was gonna ask you a question. but now... it's- it's stupid never mind." i say walking towards the door.