eleven

nini

the rest of the day wasn't that bad. i talked to a few people. the classes were great. the winter dance is on friday. i can't miss that. i made the decision to keep going to school. im gonna tell my moms when i get home.

my friends and i went to the park after school. it was pretty fun. the only thing was, rickys ex was there. ricky hadn't noticed yet. i wasn't going to tell him either. i was on the swing and ricky was on the one next to me.

"hey." i hear someone say. i stop swinging.

"hi." i say awkwardly. 

"hello." ricky says not making eye contact. 

"hey kenzie, you ready to go?" a guy said walking up to her and grabbing her hand. he kinda looked like someone i knew but i decided not to think to much of it. 

"yeah. bye." she says waving. i slightly smile at her. it was silent for a while between ricky and i. the rest of our friends were playing in the grass. ricky finally said something.

"that was kinda weird." he says. 

"yeah." i say.

"well anyways. can i ask you a question?" 

"sure." i say as i look at him.

"since everyone knows we're together now, do you wanna go to the winter dance with me?" 

"i can't i have plans that day."

"oh, okay."

"i'm just kidding. of course i'll go with you." he frowns then smiles. we get off the swings and go join our friends on the grass.

i got a text from my manager saying i need to make a music video for drivers license next week

i got a text from my manager saying i need to make a music video for drivers license next week. i told her i can't next week but i can the week after. she said that was better. 

"who was that?" ricky asks.

"oh my manger. she told me i have to go to la in 2 weeks to shoot a music video." i say. 

"cool." ricky says.

"i'm hungry." ej says. 

"what's new?" ashlyn says. ej sticks his tongue out at ashlyn. rickys phone goes off multiple times. he checks his phone and looks a little shocked.

"um, i gotta go." he says as he gets up off the grass.

"whats wrong?" i ask standing up with him.

"um, my moms back." he says.

"oh well i'll see you tomorrow." i say. he kisses me softly and walks to his car. 

"is he okay?" seb asks as i sit down.

"i don't know." i say. ricky hasn't seen his mom in almost a year. the last time he seen her, ricky had to meet her new boyfriend. they have been together for 2 years. i'm pretty sure they have a daughter.

ricky

when i get home, my mom said she had something to tell me. she has brought her daughter. my sister. i guess. 

"hi ricky!" mom said.

"hey." i said. she hugged me but i didn't really hug her back.

"i have some thing to tell you but first i want you to meet your sister. skylar." a little girl comes from behind the counter.

"hi skylar. i'm ricky." i say bending down to be face to face with her. she looks at me for a while and she smiles and hugs me. she's actually really adorable. 

"ricky. you may want to sit down for what i'm about to tell you." my mom says.

"okay...?" i said as i sat down on the chair at counter.

"well todd and i are getting married!" what the hell. i get off the chair grab my keys and leave the house.

nini

i was eating in and out when my door bell rang. i went to answer it and it was ricky.

"hey, how'd it... are you okay?"

"no." 

"do you wanna talk about it." he nods and walks inside. i close the door. he looks really stressed. so i go over and hug him. he buries his head in my neck. we hug for a while. he pulls away from the hug.

"my mom and her boyfriend are getting married." he says looking down. 

"woah." i say. 

"yeah." he says looking back up at me.

"do you know when?"

"no. but, i don't know. i have so many feelings."

"hey, you'll be fine. i'll be right here in case you need to talk to someone." he smiles. i smile back at him.