Ch.32 •Safe Haven•

Y/n's POV:

I put the camera strap around my neck and walked out of the hut hand in hand smiling and greeting other teenagers around the island. We got to the benches where we saw our friends sitting down holding their cups ready for Vince's speech. As Newt and I walked closer Fry handed us two cups before sitting down next to my uncle Jorge. Newt sat down between Thomas and Minho. I sat down on the bench below them in front of Newt. Next to Gally with Oliver to my left.

(For reference of where Newt, Y/n, and Oli are sitting)

"I guess now we know who will be the first to get married," Oliver said holding my hand up as he looked at the ring

"I guess now we know who will be the first to get married," Oliver said holding my hand up as he looked at the ring. "Congrats on finally having the guts," Oli said turning around to fist bump Newt as he chuckled. "Hey you hurt her and I won't have a problem with hanging you upside again, congratulations." uncle Jorge said pointing a finger at Newt causing us all to laugh. "Again?" Oli and Gally both questioned in sync. "It's a long story." I laughed dragging out the long. "I'm happy for you, Y/n," Gally said from beside me giving me a side hug. "Thanks, Gal." I smiled returning the hug. I knew that Gally still had a thing for me, Oli may have let the slip. But he wants me to be happy. My hope for him is that he finds someone that can make him happy.

"We have come a long way together. So many have sacrificed so much to make this place possible." Vince started his speech holding a cup and a carving knife. "Your friends and your family." Minho squeezed my shoulder, I smiled at him as Newt leaned over and kissed my cheek. "So here's to the ones who couldn't be here. Here's to the friends we lost." Vince continues as I smiled at Thomas and Fry. I held onto one of Gally's hands for a second before holding Oli's hand knowing that it had hurt them both the most to lose Lawrence. We all slowly put up our cups for a toast then back down. "This place is for you. It's for all of us. But this, this is for them." Vince said holding up the carving knife pointing a the big rock behind him. "So, in your own time, in your own way, come make your peace." Vince started sticking the knife into a piece of wood.