Ch.26 •We Will Finish It•

Y/n's POV:

We slid near some concrete short walls hiding as helicopters and vehicles passed by. I sat with Newt and Minho. While Oliver was beside Gally and Thomas. "Well, they're definitely pissed." I heard Gally say. "How far are the tunnels?" Thomas asked him and Oliver. "Uh, maybe 12 blocks from here. We can make it." Gally reassured him as Newt constantly coughed beside me. "Hey. Hey, it's going to be okay." I breathed as I pushed some of his hair out of his face and helped him unzip his jacket. "Newt, how are you feeling?" Minho asked as I went to check up on Oli. "Terrible. It's good to see you though." I heard Newt mumble as I slid over to Oli, Gally, and Thomas. "Oli how are you feeling?" I asked as he unzipped his jacket.

Oli seemed to have more energy than Newt because the serum he took had slowed down the virus but not stopped it

Oli seemed to have more energy than Newt because the serum he took had slowed down the virus but not stopped it. "I'm getting weaker I can feel all my bones aching. But he's worse." Oli said as he coughed and threw his heavy jacket to the side. "Hey. How long have they been like this?" Minho interrupted my thoughts as he came by me. "They'll be okay. We just gotta get to Brenda." Thomas said before I could speak. "Yeah, she's got the serum," I said to Minho. "Come on, let's go," Thomas said to me as he took off his jacket and we walked over to Newt. "Hey, Newt. Come on, bud. We gotta get you up. Let's go." Thomas said as I helped Newt stand so that Thomas could hold him. "Whoa, whoa, whoa!" Thomas and I said as Newt almost fell. "You okay? Newt we can do this." Thomas and I said as we held onto Newt.

Narrator's POV:

"Why you helping us, Gally?" Minho asked Gally as he looked into his eyes

Gally looked at Y/n struggling with Newt for a moment then back at Minho. "For her, she deserves to be happy," Gally said looking into Minho's eyes to show that he wasn't lying. Minho looked at Y/n then Gally and nodded in agreement, "But I put a spear through your chest." Minho breathed looking at Gally. "Yeah. Nobody's perfect, man." Gally replied patting his shoulder standing up to follow Y/n, Thomas, and Newt. "Let's go." Oliver coughed as he stood up with Minho behind him.

~

Inside the WICKED building, Teresa had a cotton wad stained with blood in a container and a bloody cotton napkin stained in another. Teresa poured some liquid onto both. She took two syringes and withdrew the blood from the napkin first. Then she mixed Thomas's blood with the vitamins and enzyme causing the mixture to turn blue. Teresa takes a drop from the blue liquid and places it under the microscope. She takes a look into the microscope and retreats with a shocked face. She quickly grabs the second syringe and withdraws
Y/n's blood from the cotton wad. She repeated the process she did with Thomas's blood and put a droplet under the microscope. Teresa looks into the microscope and gasps backing away and putting a hand over her mouth in shock.