Ch.24 •He's Not Here•

Y/n's POV:

Newt and I walked around the inside of the WICKED building suited up, holding electric guns as we waiting for Thomas and Teresa to show up. Once we saw Thomas and Teresa we walked up to them, I was walking behind Teresa. Gally also showed up in the suit leading us towards a door where Teresa put her thumb and let us in. The door led to a staircase, some electrical boxes. "Go, go, go," Thomas said as we walked down the stairs. "Hold on. Hold on. I can get in here." Gally said pulling out some tools to connect the system with Lawrence. "Throw me the walkie," Thomas said as I tossed the walkie-talkie to him and he walked down the stairs to check for anyone near.

I stood next to Newt at the top of the stairs when Newt took off his face mask helmet and started coughing. He was getting worse. Teresa stared at Newt so he turned around as I shook my head at her and rubbed his shoulder. "Frypan, we're in. How you doing?" I heard Thomas say into the walkie-talkie. "Yeah, yeah I'm getting there. Tell Minho "Hi," for me." I heard Fry respond. "Hang in there, buddy." Thomas said into the walkie as Gally messed with the wires in the box, "This'll work." He said grabbing some wires. Thomas changed the channel and asked, "Brenda, Oliver, what's your status?"

"Status is, we're working on it." I heard Brenda responded through the walkie-talkie. "Copy. Just make sure you're ready on your end." I heard Thomas say. "Don't worry. You know we're gonna be there." Brenda stated before cutting out and Thomas handed Gally back the walkie. "All right, let's go," Gally said closing the box door as we speed-walked down the stairs. Down the stairs, we got to another door. "Lawrence we're in position," Gally said into the walkie-talkie as he stood by the door. We waiting a minute but still no response from Lawrence. "Lawrence," Gally repeated into the walkie but no one responded the walkie only beeped.

"If he doesn't turn those bloody cameras off then we're in big trouble," Newt said to Gally as he leaned on a wall and I leaned on the staircase railing looking out for anyone coming our way. Gally looked at us, "he'll do his part." He said nodding. "Yeah, yeah he promised," I said reassuring Thomas and Newt. We all put our helmets back on and Teresa hesitated for a moment before putting her thumb on the screen unlocking the door that read:

Sub-Level
D3

We all walked through the door leading to the room where Minho and twenty eight others are being held captive. Once we got to the door we waiting for the door to open. The door opened revealing a WCKD soldier, but Thomas was quick to shoot him down the and the man laid on the floor electrocuted. We walked in behind Thomas taking down the guards. Thomas Newt each opened the doors freeing the kids inside. Poor kids deserved a normal childhood, not this. "Y/n check the other cell," Thomas said pointing to another cell door. I quickly walked over and opened the door. The young kids looked frightened, I tilted my head to the side then realized.

"Oh sorry, I forgot. Come on let's go your going to be okay. Just a little while longer and you'll be safe." I said as I took off my helmet and smiled at the kids. I walked over to the vault looking for a way of opening it, but no sign of anything. "The vault. How do I get in?" Gally asked from behind me holding the man that sat leaning on a wall holding a gun to his neck. "You can't." I heard the man say breathlessly as Gally came beside me a took out some tools to open the vault. "Guys, this might take some time," Gally exclaimed as he looked back at Thomas. I walked over to newt and Thomas about to ask about Minho. "Shit. He's not here." Thomas stated walking past Newt and me.