Ch.19 •Drained•

Y/n's POV:

We all heard someone speak out we turned around to see Harriet, "Hey it's Aris, he's talking!" She said to us before walking back. We all stood up and went to the room where Aris, Harriet, and Sonya were in. When we walked in I sat on a crate behind where Thomas was kneeling in front of Aris. Sonya was cleaning up his wounds and Harriet had brought them something to drink. "Took you guys long enough to rescue us," Aris said looking at all of us with a grin. "It's good to see you, too, bud." Thomas said as we all smiled. "So what happened?" I asked Aris causing him to look at me. "I fought back. Tried to, anyway." He said looking down at his cup.

"You're lucky you found us at all

"You're lucky you found us at all. They had us on the move a lot. It felt like something big was happening." Sonya said looking at Thomas and glancing at the rest of us. "Any idea where they were heading?" Newt asked looking at Sonya then Aris. "All I know is they kept talking about a city," Aris said looking at Thomas as Thomas glanced at Newt and me with a confused face. "I didn't think there were any cities left," Harriet spoke up and asked the question for us. Wait could Wicked be talking about 'The Last City' I thought to myself. "That's because there aren't. Not still standing, anyway." Brenda said bringing me back to reality. "Okay, wait. What about Minho?" I asked looking at Aris and Sonya. "Why wasn't he on the train?" Thomas asked after me. "I'm sorry, Y/n. He was." Aris said looking at me with an apologetic face.

Narrator's POV:

"They got 40, maybe 50 kids. We're still compiling an official count, but the pilot got a good look. He thinks it was them." Said a Wicked worker as he and Janson walked beside the train. "Of course it was them. What about the Berg?" Said Janson as they kept walking. "We tracked it a few miles. But someone must have known about the locator. They're totally off the grid." Said the Wicked worker as they got to the containers that held more immune kids. "Move it, Immunes." Yelled a man pushing the kids out of the container. "C22. B9." Another Wicked worker called out as the kids were being scanned. "We're searching the area, but they're probably long gone by now." Said the Wicked worker beside Janson. "Oh, no, they're not going anywhere. She didn't get what she really wanted." Janson said mentioning Y/n, standing in front of the kids kneeling. Minho looked up and looked Janson in the eyes with hate not saying a word feeling drained.

Y/n's POV:

Thomas and I gathered with Fry, Brenda, Vince, and Newt. I stood in between Newt and Brenda. Thomas took out a map, "There, that's it. It's a few hundred miles. Based on the railways, everything that Aris told us, that's gotta be where they're headed." Thomas said pointing at the map looking at Vince. I walked around the table and stood beside Thomas taking a closer look at the map. "That's where they're taking Minho," I said as my finger hovered around the circle on the map.

Thomas nodded at me and looked back to Vince, "We take everyone who can fight. Follow the roads where we can." Thomas said with a pleading face. "We can make it baPwithin let's say week," I said looking up at Vince. "A week? It took us six months to get here. We got over 100 kids here now. We can't just hang out here forever after what we just pulled. You wanna wander off to some random point on the map. You don't even know what's there." Vince said looking at Thomas and I but especially at me.