Ch.18 •Train Heist•

6 months later...

Y/n's POV:

Not much about myself has changed except for my hair, it had grown out too long so I cut it shoulder length. Brenda's hair was growing out from her pixie cut, she now had above the shoulder-length hair. The rest of the guys didn't change much over time. After six months our plan had finally come together today was the day I'd get my brother back! "Brenda, we're coming up behind!" Thomas yelled into the walkie-talkie as he passed it to me, "keep 'em busy!" I yelled through the walkie-talkie as I shoved it into my pocket. "Hang on!" Vince yelled as he sped up. Vince drove onto the railroad and accelerated behind the train, "this is crazy, Thomas!" Vince yelled as he got closer to the train.

"Sometimes you gotta live a little crazy!" I yelled back as I climbed on the hood of the truck. I grabbed the hook I was supposed to attach to the train and reached out for the train. "Get me closer!" I yelled back as I tried to reach the train but failed. Closer, closer. I mumbled to myself as I finally got the hook on the train and jumped onto it. "Your turn, Thomas!" I yelled as Thomas jumped onto the train. "Come on, Vince!" Thomas yelled as Vince stood on the hood of the truck. A wheel was destroyed and caused Vince to fall over on the hood, "Vince!" Thomas yelled as Vince stood back up. "Jump!" Both Thomas and I yelled as Vince jumped on the train holding onto the bottom of it. Thomas and I helped Vince up and we all looked back at the car wreck on the tracks.

"Shit," Vince said looking back. "Let's go," I said as I started climbing up the ladder but stopped midway when Vince spoke out, "hey! Berg!" We all turned around and saw the berg flying towards Jorge's truck getting out their large guns. I pulled out the walkie-talkie, "Hey, Brenda, you've got company!" I yelled into the walkie-talkie as I passed it to Thomas. "Y/n, Thomas, you're on your own. Don't die." I heard Brenda yell through the walkie-talkie. "Good luck!" Thomas yelled into the walkie talkie stuffing it into his pocket. "We gotta move. Come on!" Thomas said as I got to the last step of the ladder. We ran on top of the train and got to where Vince was going to set up a bomb.

Thomas and I watched as the guards ran closer, "give me the bag!" Vince yelled as Thomas passed him the bag and got started on the bomb. Thomas and I jumped down and started shooting the guards down as they got closer. "Vince?!" I said as I looked back at him. "We're set! Cover your ass!" Vince yelled as Thomas and I put our guns away and ran to the side of the train and hung onto the ladder on the side of the train. "Take cover!" Vince yelled as the guards started shooting at us. The bomb exploded causing the large containers to stop moving and the train to keep going with the guards on board. We hopped off the train and ran to the side of it. I whistled and signaled Newt. Thomas and Vince both yelled, "Newt!" Waving their hands around.

Newt and the other guys ran over as Thomas and I banged on the containers yelling out for Minho. "Minho!" Thomas yelled banging on a container causing the rest of the kids to yell making it hard for us to hear. "Minho, can you hear me?!" I yelled banging on another container. I slightly heard Minho's voice yell my name, "this one! This one!" I heard Thomas yell as he banged on the container next to the one I was banging on. "No Thomas this one!" I yelled as pointed at the container I was standing next to, "Y/n, it's this one!" Thomas yelled as he told Newt to start welding off the metal holding onto the container. I let out an angry sigh slamming my hand on the container. Newt glanced at me, "everything's going to be okay, love" Newt said as he put on his goggles.

He knows I still get nightmares about my parents and now I was getting them about Minho too, I don't know how to make them stop. Newt stays with me every night to make sure I feel safe and don't wake up frightened. He's always the first to tell when I'm stressed, mad, or sad. I kissed Newt's cheek and ran up to Thomas and Vince. "Oh, shit! It's gonna be close." Vince said patting our shoulders and running back to the containers. I climbed the ladder and got on top of the container, I laid on my stomach positioning myself with my gun for when the guards start coming at us.