Ch. 20 •Tunnel•

Y/n's POV:

After a while of driving, we got to an abandoned Mandatory infection check. We all got out of the truck and looked into the dark tunnel. "You want us to go in there? I don't wanna come across as too negative, but if I was a Crank, that's exactly where I would be." Newt said holding my hand squinting his eyes from the sun. "I don't think we have much of a choice," I said looking into the tunnel as Thomas looked at the map in his hands and Fry looked into the tunnel as well. "All right. I get shotgun." Newt said walking us back to the car as I hopped into the back seat behind Newt's passenger seat. Soon Thomas and Fry came back and got into the Car.

"Well, here we go," Fry said as he drove into the tunnel. "Just take it nice and slow," Newt said flashing a light into the tunnel. "Whoa, whoa, whoa!" We all said as we came across a crank. "It's okay. It's just one, so take it slow, go around him. We'll be fine." Thomas said to Fry trying not to sound nervous. "Take it slow. Take it slow." Fry repeated as Newt rolled up his window. I looked at Thomas's window as he leaned into his seat. "Th-Thomas." I stuttered as I pointed at his window. He looked at me with a confused face then turned around to look out his window. He almost jumped out of his seat in fear and scooted closer to me when he saw a woman crank banging on his window.

"Please. Please. Help me. Please. Please! Let me in." The woman said pulling on the door handle. A man came out of nowhere banging on my window as I let out a small scream in fright, more cranks were appearing banging and climbing on the truck. "Holy shit! Fry, go! Go!" I said scooting to the middle of the seat. "Just floor it, Fry!" I yelled as Fry stepped on the gas. "Hold on! Whoa, whoa, whoa!" Fry yelled as a crank jumped on the car hood banging the glass causing it to crack. "Come on, Fry, shake him!" Thomas yelled holding onto Fry's seat as I held onto Newts seat. "I'm trying! Hang on! Oh, God." Fry said as he drove towards some wrecked items causing the crank to fall off the truck. We all looked back at the crank long gone, when we looked back to the front Thomas yelled, "Frypan, watch out!" But it was too late Fry had run over a barrel causing us to flip over.

"Everyone okay?" Thomas yelled from beside me as we laid upside down. "Uh, my head" I groaned in pain. "Fry, cover your eyes. Y/n turn around." Thomas said breaking a window. "Oh, shit. You okay, man?" Thomas asked Fry as he crawled out.  "Yeah. You all right? Wait! Thomas! Thomas, the door!" I heard Fry exclaim trying to push the stuck door open. "Fry, go around." I heard Thomas say as his footsteps got closer to where Newt and I were. "I'm trying to get out," Newt said to me as he pushed the door open causing him to fall out. "Newt, you okay?" Thomas asked Newt as he helped him up. "Yeah, I think so," Newt said walking over to me still in the car. I kicked my window until it shattered and crawled out, Newt helping me up.

I put a hand up to my head feeling a bit of blood trickle down. "Shit," I mumbled as I wiped my hand on my pants. Newt looked at me and wiped the blood off my forehead, "It's just a scratch nothing to worry 'bout, love." He said as he looked away from the scratch and at my eyes. "Thanks, Newt," I said as I pecked his lips. We heard lots of cranks screeching getting closer. Newt grabbed my hand as he looked for his gun in his holster, "Oh, shit." Newt said, his gun missing from the holster. I still had my dagger in my holster but it was no use. I saw Fry crawl back into the truck looking for something. "Frypan, I think we gotta move. Now!" Thomas yelled at Fry. "Wait a minute!" Fry yelled back impatiently. "Fry!? We don't have a minute," I said spotting my handgun next to the window I had just crawled out through. I walked over to the car and picked it up ready to shoot the crank running at us.