Ch.6 •My Boys•

Y/n's POV: (Two days later & five days till Y/n goes back home)
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

It's been two days since I've arrived at Lawrence's place. I've been checking in with my parents daily over the walkie. They're doing well and safe. WCKD hasn't checked in since the last time but we're sure they're going to again. It's been really fun living here hanging out with Gally and Oli all day has me in a more positive mindset. We've been joking around, pulling pranks, even going on watch together. My hand has healed but I still need to wear a bandage so it won't get infected.

Gally and I have been getting closer but not the same way Oli and I are. It's different. But I don't like to think too much about it. Right now I'm laying on my bed. My head hanging off the edge. I'm reading one of Lawrence's books. Something about wizards and magic. I thought it was pretty cool. "Hey N/n, get over here we're having a bonfire on the roof! You coming?" Yelled Oli as he poked his head through my doorway. Gally's head poking in after Oli his head on top of Oli's.

"Ah!" I said as my book fell to the floor. "Hey! I lost the page I was on!" I say as I got up from the bed. Gally picked up the book and placed it on my nightstand. Oli stood near the doorway arms crossed and said, "Good! You read too much about magic it's getting to your head!" Gally spoke up after Oli, "Yeah, he's got a point. Yesterday you waved your dagger at me and said 'AvAdA kEdAvRa!' What does that even mean!?" I start laughing as Gally and Oli stare at me dumbfounded. "Oh, nothing."

"I've got my jacket. Got my boys. My work here is done." I say as I slide my jacket on walking out. Gally speaks up from behind me, "Uh... we are not her boys." Then I hear Oli say, "Yeah we are." With a defeated sigh Gally says, "Yeah we are." I let out a little laugh and say, "Now about that bonfire, let's go!" "Yeah! Atta girl!" Oli says as he gives me a piggyback ride and starts running I yell, "To the roof!" Pointing to the stairs. Gally just follows behind us playfully rolling his eyes.

We got to the roof where several other people old and young were gathered around. Over the past two days, I've met most of these people, small talk, or just a simple hello. As Gally, Oli, and I are walking around we say our hellos, "Hey Carol!" "Hey, kid I heard about that prank y'all pulled." Said a random lady I met as we walked by. "How's it going nick!" Yelled Oli from behind me. "Pretty good. Aye, words goin' around you guys are the trouble makers of this building." A random boy I've only shared a hello to yelled as we walked past.

We got to our usual spots near the bonfire. We sat down I was in between Gally and Oli, Oli to my right and Gally to my left. We were just joking around telling stories. A day after I got here I had told Oli my story so so had he. Oli told me about how his sister was being taken away by WCKD but WCKD ended up killing his mom and sister. And how his dad had died a crank a few months ago. He had nobody left but I'm glad he now has Gally and me to call family. Oli is such a positive person and I still don't know how he does it. "Let's play a good game of truth or dare," Oli said as he passed me a drink he had in his hand.

I took a big sip of the drink as I drank it I felt my throat burn I wanted to spit it out but I just dealt with it and swallowed it. Gally saw that I took a big sip and said, "Woah. Woah, slow down." Taking the cup out of my hands before taking a sip himself keeping a straight face. "How can you drink that so calmly. What is that?" "It's Gal's secret recipe." Says Oli as he snatched the cup out of Gally's hand. "Well, what's in it?" "Can't tell you otherwise it wouldn't be a secret." Said Gally as he shrugged. "Well whatever that was, it was gross," I said. "Don't worry you'll get used to it," said Oli as he laughed.