Chapter 45. Lieutenant

Dave's POV

I wake up to a beautiful woman I grow to love. I can't believe I could be this happy after so long. I have a beautiful son, a woman to love, and a loving family, although they are weird. They giving me another purpose, beside being a father to Fabian.

Her alarm always seted up to ring at 7 am. She will wake up, stretch, change into her sports gear, then go out to jogging while walking her dog. I have never been an animal person, but with Cassie's cats and now a dog, I find that they are considered cute, and Fabian loves them.

She will come back at 7.30 am sharp, take a shower, then cook two kinds of breakfast, for us, and for Fabian. A great wife material, which never have crossed my mind, that I found it on Delilah Ashton, a wild girl with a very bad reputation, except for her appearance.

After that, she will wake Fabby up and bathe him, then we have breakfast together. She eats so much, I just can't relate to how much food goes inside her system, with that gorgeous body. She has a very disciplined schedule of workout, maybe that's how she digest all the food.

Deli, how I call her, is a very good and patient mother. She gives unconditional love to my son, even they just know each other for few weeks. Fabian calls her, Mama, without anyone teaching him. Their relationship is amazed me. What I can never understand, is how she handle the situation with Sarah, that I might have a child with another woman.

She told me about bring Fabian to Acacia's home this morning, and I agree, she is one of us now, part of the weird family that mostly are not related by blood. I will meet them there after lecturing this afternoon.

I meet Sebastian in an Italian restaurant just across from the University, to have lunch together. This young man who I proud to call my brother, is also my best friend. Honestly, the way he thinks is different from another millennial, I mean, who thinks about married at 22 years old these days? And how he can handle himself with losing their unborn child at the age of only 23, moreover in that mournful way?

We watch our girls doing a live-streaming video together. Cassie and Sebby are really cute, they have an unusual bond, a true love, even they have an opposite personality. Watching them bickering always entertains me. The funniest moment is when Sebastian's ass getting fucked by Acacia few days ago.

While Sebastian has one more class to attend, I went straight to their home after lunch, stop by Aster's school to pick her up. This little girl is amazing, so smart and lively, also so mature for her age. I can talk to her about everything, from my feeling, the weather, also art and music, and always learn new things.

I park my car in front of their closed gate, then we entered the lawn from the small gate beside the car gate. Julie, the mother of Acacia and Aster, who is a sister to me, is sitting by the pond with Fabian while dipping their feet. Fabian giggled at the fishes who tries to suck his tiny toes, thought that they were foods. I took off my shoes and join them, while Aster is busy with Tofu and the cats.

After a while, Fabian getting sleepy and Julie tucks him for a nap while I help Aster to bake some biscuits. This is my first time doing this stuff. It's fun to have a family this warm and loving.

Julie walks downstairs and sits by the pantry while watching us, commenting about the oven that I don't understand. She fetches her phone from her pocket and receives a phone call. It's from Sebastian and sounds really, really emergency.

She tells us about it, my heart thumping so fast. No, God, please don't take Acacia and Delilah from us. I run outside the house to my car, to go after Sebastian, when Cassie's car parked and they come out, laughing and swearing at each other happily. They are fine. I relieved.