Epilogue 2. Pain

Sebastian's POV

Dave, Delilah, and Fabian ended up sleep here. The other are already sleep, while Dave and me talking until late, with few cans of beer accompany us.

I turn my head to check the clock, and it's already 30 minutes after midnight. Aster doesn't come home again. I don't know what to do with her, mentally, she's already an adult, but she isn't off age yet, and I feel responsible of her as she is now live with us. I knew her since she just a newborn, she is my kid sister and I just worried.

I planned to discuss this matter with Dads, tomorrow when I go to Casby. As for now, no one knew aside from the four of us here, that Aster spent the most of her time with Bobby.

We cleaning the empty cans and snacks remains, then I went upstairs to bath before sleep. I didn't found Cassie in our room, but the bathroom is closed. She must be inside. I stripped into my boxer and throw the clothes at the laundry basket. I scroll at my phone while waiting.

An hour later and she is still inside, it's unusual that she is so quiet, not even water running sound could be heard. This is not right. I knock at the door.

No answer.

I opened and it's locked.

"Cas?" I called.

No answer.

Panicked, I bang the door over and over. No response. My God, I'm scared.

"Acacia!" I yelled. "Love, you scare me. Please open the door."

"Seb, what happened? The sound of banged door echoing downstairs."

I turn my head and find Dave, only on sweatpants, he was ready to sleep.

"The door locked, Cassie is inside and not responding." I whimpered.

"Bring me duck tape." He said and I get it from the TV rack.

Dave covering the film glass door with tape and break it with his elbow. He did it so that the broken glass not scattered and hurt either of us. While I can't even think straight in this state. He reach the key and opened the door.

Cassie is laying unconscious on the floor. I feel blood drained out of me.

No, God, please not again. Please.

I reach for her, sit on the floor and pull her onto my lap. "Honey, please." Her eyes is closed.

Dave kneeled in front of me. "She is still breathing." He said while look at me. "Seb, I'll prepare the car, carry her, we going to the hospital. Watch your feet, the glass pieces may be scattered on the floor." He said and run downstairs.

I lift Cassie in my arms and went after Dave.

"Lock the door, hun. We get going!" Dave yelled to Delilah as I step my feet on the first floor, then watch him run and entering my Jeep.

He opened the back door from the inside and I hop in. I hug her tightly and never stop praying. I palm her belly and still feel the movement of the babies inside.

"Sebby..." She mumbled.

I look at her, am I hallucinating?

"I fell..." She mumbled.

"Are you hurt? Where does it hurt?" I asked.

"My hip may be bruised." She said, I raised my brows. "But when I dropped and lay on the floor, it was so cold and comfy, guess I fall asleep."

Dave who is driving, burst on a mean laughter.

I can't believe this girl.

If she knew we broke the glass door, she will go crazy.