Chapter 53. Baby brother

Laura's POV

Alan Sinclair was not a morning person. Yes, was. But since we were married, he tries so hard to change. He set several alarms to wake him up in the morning just to take care of me before I went to work, even though he goes back to sleep after driving me to the hospital.

He loves me. He is not the type of man who said it aloud, but shows me instead. Now he always start his day with preparing a warm water shower for me, then wake me up, prepare my breakfast while I took shower, then drive me to work. He is five years younger than me, but despite our age gap, he is so sweet, caring, and gentle.

Today is my off day, so instead of going to the hospital, we go to Cassie's house to eat breakfast together. I just miss them. I already called Cassie and she said that Delilah and Dave were also there. We stopped by the market to buy some fresh fruit for them.

Alan parks his car behind Dave's, and we walked together entering the gate. Greeted by Fabian who is playing with Delilah's dog and Cassie's cats, and Mom who put a planter on the top of a wooden rack. Alan runs to lift Fabian and peppering his chubby cheeks with kisses, he giggled uncontrollably. Mom turned to look at us and smiled at me, she locks the gate and we walked inside the house.

"Good morning, everyone!" Alan greeted them, all eyes on him and they smiled.

"Al! Put him down, he just eats and will be vomiting if you turn him upside down like that!" Delilah hissed to Alan. Alan mumbled 'oops' and put Fabian down, he runs to climb and sit on Dave's lap.

"You miss your Dad, huh?" Dave teases him.

"Nope." He answered and Dave tickles him, he holds his laugh until his face getting red, everyone laughing looking at him. Fabian is so cute.

Everyone already sits by the pantry and dining table, ready to eat, when the bathroom door opened and that man stepped out. He takes a seat beside Alan and introduces himself, then his eyes find me.

"La-Laura." He stutters.

I can't hold my tears, Alan getting panicked and soothe me immediately.

"Daughter." He said and everyone else jaw-dropping.

"Why are you here?" I asked with my trembling lips, and shaken voice that sound more like a whimper.

"Dave about to drive me home from the police station after the interrogation was over. He tells me that he is together with Dilly. I want to extend the olive branch, getting to know my niece. I'm sorry about your mother, I try to find you once hear that she was passed away. But you were nowhere to be found in New York."

"Why? I thought you don't want me." I asked, everyone else is listening in silence.

"Lyra told you that?" He asked back with a sad expression.

I nodded.

"I've always wanted a family, dear... But your mother doesn't want me to be around. That's why I see you so often when you were young, even I always fight with my wife whenever she found out. I just stopped see you when I have to take care of my late wife who was sick and also your half-sister." He explained.

I look at Delilah.

"Marietta." She mumbled.

"That brat is my sister?!" I shrieked.

"Sorry, I guess I raised her in the wrong way," Said my father, "She is always a difficult girl, just like her Mom."

"Well, she will getting a serious spanking before being the part of this family." Mom saud, the other bite their laugh.