"I'm sorry Mr. Romano" I stood up, my chest brushing his. Cursing my self feeling my nipples harden I'm sure he could feel them, leaving no space between us.

"I'd pay you five times more than what you earn now" That would help so much, but I just.. dammit.

Bracing myself I went to the door ready to open it when it shut in my face. His body sending goosebumps all over my body. The mint of his breath hitting my neck. His chest on my back his arm still holding the door closed. I kept my eyes close trying to calm the heat that I felt as he spoke.

"Think about it Violet"

"𝐖𝐇𝐀𝐓 did he want from you?" Helena said a bit disgusted.

"That isn't for you to know" I moved past her, she grabbed my arm.

"Enzo would never ask for a dance from anyone but me just know I'm his favorite, his only dancer."

"I guess you're lucky then, because I said no" her faced formed into one of confusion.

"You said no to him" she asked in more of a question.

"I'm nobodies private dancer, why do you care so much" I knew she was probably the dancer he was talking about when he said he got bored of his last.

Helena was beautiful, but her attitude towards anyone who mentioned Enzo ruined her personality.

"Good because I am his only dancer" I yanked my arm from her, she weirdly growled at me sounded more like a howl.

"Helena" Enzo said behind her, her attitude switched into one of a preppy high school student, skipping over to him she smiled.

"Do you need a dance Enzo?" she said saying it loudly so I could hear her as if I wasn't one foot away from them.

"No, go entertain someone downstairs" he shooed her off, my arms behind my back waiting for the conversation to finish when she pushed past me.

Enzo came over me, pulling my towards him his the coldness of his rings on my bare hip. My hand laying on his arm keeping my balance in my heels.

"Mr. Romano I don't think"-

"You'll give into me Violet soon" he said like a promise, going to respond something on the side of his hip poked me.

When I looked a gun sat on his side.

"Why do you have a gun?"

"Don't ask questions you already know the answer to tesoro" the hall was dark, no one allowed up here unless requested by Enzo. My back hitting the wall behind up he lifted the gun to my face. Truth was I didn't know why he had a gun, maybe because this place was filled with creeps and constantly drunk men.

Taking it he placed it on my lips making them part for him, tracing it down to the beginning of my breast down my stomach. Brining it back up to my lips, my eyes never left his. The hard weapon staying at its place on my lips. I should be terrified that a gun was so close to my body probably one that was loaded.

He kept his eyes on mine watching my chest rise, something in his eyes telling me it was safe. Tucking the gun back in his pocket when his phone rang. Loosing the feeling of his body so close to mine.

"Enjoy the rest of your night Violet"

𝐌𝐘 mother's coughing could be heard from the streets, her forehead beaded with drops of sweat. I made way more than enough to buy her medicine for the month.

"Violet, the fat man came today about the rent" she swallowed the next two pills. I had totally forgotten about the rent, by now the money was already spent so she had something to eat. Though the food was enough for the both of us, I made sure she ate first.

"I'll pay it when I get the money" I said letting her food cool down before giving it to her.

"Are you not going to eat?" I shook my head.

"I'm not hungry" kissing her forehead I helped her tie her vanishing brown curls on the top of her head.

"I'll be down stairs okay" I turned on her favorite show before closing her door slightly. Laying on the couch the pillow comforted my head.

Loud banging on our door made me jump up, opening it our landlord Daniel stood with his arms crossed over his stomach.

Storming inside he pushed me out the way. "I told you to fucking pay me or you'd be out on your ass along with your mother" he took the glass cup on the wall shattering it on the floor just as he always did when I was late with his money.

"I need more time" he laughed darkly taking out a piece of paper.

"This says you pay me the last day of every month Violet, do you think I'm playing with you" Daniel was short maybe two inches taller than I was, light brown skin with soulless eyes. He made sexual comments to me when I moved in here.

Coming over to me he twisted my wrist. "You can always pay for it in other ways" I felt disgusted in his touch.

"I would never sleep with you, piece of shit" my hand came in contact with his cheek, his skin now red with my hand print.

"You're going to pay for that you bitch, either you give me my money tomorrow or I'll throw you out myself."

"I would hate for something to happen to your poor mother while you weren't home" with that he shut the door hard making the photo of my father fall and shatter.

Broken glass just surrounding my feet, my phone on the side of it all. I reached for it lingering my finger on the call button. Accepting this would help both my mother and I, we needed this, the money. I would do anything for her.

The phone being picked up on the second ring.

"Violet" he sounded tired and in the middle of something.

"I'll do it"

✍︎︎/ 𝖺 𝗅𝗈𝗍 𝗈𝖿 𝖿𝖺𝖼𝖾 𝗉𝖺𝖼𝖾𝖽 𝖼𝗁𝖺𝗉𝗍𝖾𝗋𝗌 𝖻𝗍𝗐! 𝗁𝗈𝗉𝖾 𝗒𝗈𝗎 𝗅𝗂𝗄𝖾𝖽 𝗍𝗁𝖾 𝖿𝗂𝗋𝗌𝗍 𝗍𝗐𝗈 𝖼𝗁𝖺𝗉𝗍𝖾𝗋𝗌