yandere!mono x reader #4|i want you to need me.

Damn, yandere mono got really popular...!

(Y/n) POV~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I stare at the shadow-like figure from outside for a couple seconds, before my sleepiness fades away and i realize that someones staring at me.

"AH!"
I yell, trying to jump up and run off, but my leg shoots pain everywhere and i fall back to the floor..the adrenaline from Mono wore off.

I hear the window open completely, and small footsteps nearing where im laying, i curl up and try to keep anything he could really damage from reach.

"MONO, GO AWAY! LEAVE ME ALONE!!"
I yell, the footsteps stop in front of me, and the sound of cloth rustling comes.

"I don't know who that is...Are you hiding from them?"
A voice asks, i look towards them, and i see a child, peeking from eye holes in a cloth ghost-like sheet. [Anyone get where hes from?]

"Who are you...? Did you see somebody when you came here??"
I ask, he takes off the cloth sheet and sits next to me, now i can actually see him, he has bright differently colored eyes, one green and one blue, his hair is black and messy, going to his shoulders.

"No, i was looking for a place to hide from the rain, i didnt see anyone besides you."
He says.

"Good...im (y/n), and you're right, I'm hiding from a boy named Mono."
I say, he smiles.

"I dont really have a name, but...you can call me Ghost if you want, cause..well, the ghost sheet."
He explains, before grabbing the ghost sheet and putting it back on, turning to look at me.

"Boo."
He says blandly, before breaking out into laughter, i laugh along.

"Been a while since I've laughed..thanks Ghost."
I say, he takes it off again and smiles softly, nodding.

"So...can you tell me Why you're on the run from this Mono guy?"
Ghost asks.

"He tried to hold me as some weird love hostage, i had to burn his face with chemicals just to escape."
I explain.

"Wow...is that why your leg is messed up? Did he break it?"
He asks.

"No, i don't really know what broke it, all i Remember is being dragged away and mauled..mono rubbed chemicals in my leg to burn the bones, keeping them from healing."
I say.

"...hes messed up."
He mumbles, i nod.

"Yeah, but hopefully i lost him."
I say.

"Well, if he tries to catch you i can just make him leave! Like a knight!"
Ghost says.

"So you're my knight?"
I ask, he nods with a big smile.

"Im the knight in shining cloth!"
He cheers.

"Alright, you're my knight, that means you gotta protect me."
I say, he stops cheering, but hes still smiling.

"A knights job is to protect their royalty, so im happy to do it."
He mumbles, i smile at that, for a boy i just met he sure is trusting.

"Alright, im gonna sleep now, i have a long day of running tomorrow."
I say, he nods and puts his cloth sheet back on.

"I'll protect you, i promise!"
Ghost says, i smile and lay back down.

Mono POV~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"...no."
I whisper, holding a piece of a shattered mirror to my face.

My face...Its burned, my left cheek and eye have really bad burns, but odly enough...i cant feel it.

"Y-you didn't mean to do that...you would never hurt me, that's what you always told me.."
I mumble, getting up and grabbing my bag.

"You're just confused...you're scared, and being alone in the rain probably makes you more scared..."
I mumble to myself, putting the bag on my face.

"But don't worry...you wont be alone for much longer."
I say, walking to the window they jumped from.

I walk slowly in the pouring rain, eyeing anywhere (y/n) may have gone to, they're clever...but ive known them long enough to know how they think.

When i spot a small home in the distance, i can practically see them going into it, its far from where we were, and if they were scared...they would've gone somewhere they could escape from quickly.

"Please don't be afraid...i'll come save you."
I mumble, walking to the home.

Ghost POV~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

They're really pretty...their names (y/n), right? Right. I thought they were a monster when i saw them run from the streets..poor thing, they look cold.

"...you're safe, I'll protect you."
I whisper, taking my ghost sheet off and putting it over them, they hum in their sleep...that kind of adorable.

I hear tapping from the window, and immediately jump up...theres a small hand poking up from below, whoever it is isnt even trying to hide themselves...this is mono, isnt it?

"(Y/n), c'mon!"
I whisper, shaking them, but they dont budge, i think quickly and pick them up, dragging them under a small table and going back to where i was.

The window opens, and a boy with a bag over his head jumps into the house, his eyes land on me..wow, his glare is intimidating.

"Uh...hey."
I say.

"Where are they?"
Mono asks.

"Who?"
I play dumb, hopefully he'll leave before (y/n) wakes up.

"Dont be dumb! I know they're here, you're hiding them!"
Mono yells, grabbing my shoulders and pushing my back against the wall.

"I-i don't know what you're talking about mono!"
I say, his grip on my shoulders gets tighter.

"...i didn't tell you my name."
He whispers, before throwing me to a different wall.

I look to where i hid (y/n), but they're not there anymore...mono walks up to me, looking down to where im laying, i scan around the room to try and find (y/n), but Mono stops me, grabbing me by my shirt and lifting me up.

"Now, one more time...where. Is. (Y/n)?"
Mono asks, i spit on his bag.

"Go away! I wont let you hurt them!!"
I yell, he growls and wraps his arms on my throat.

"I would NEVER hurt them! I LOVE THEM! You're a horrible influence...you need to go."
He mumbles, a loud bang echoes the room, and mono falls to the floor, behind him is (y/n), holding what looks like metal scrap.

"You saved me.."
I mumble.

"I heard him when he came in, so i ran off to get something solid enough to knock him out...i was almost too late."
(Y/n) says.

I reach my hand out to grab theirs, but mono grabs both of ours, pushing us apart and getting up.

"NO!"
He yells, he grabs (y/n)'s hand and pulls them to him, i quickly grab their other hand and pull them away from him, he screams and tackles me down.

(Y/n) POV~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"GHOST! MONO, STOP IT!"
I yell, Ghost grabs the scrap metal i used and hits Mono over the head. when mono falls to the floor, Ghost gets on top of him and starts beating him with the metal.

"STOP! BOTH OF YOU STOP IT!!"
I scream, i try to run and break them up, but my leg snaps and i fall down, screaming in pain.

Mono gets up and throws the metal from Ghosts hands, and it lands next to me. Mono wraps his arms around to choke ghost, and ghost reaches for the scrap metal again.

Mono is strong, he could kill if he wanted to...ghost is doomed, he cant reach the metal!

Then again, i could hand him the metal so he could hit mono and live, but...he wasnt stopping when mono was on the verge of consciousness a few minutes ago, so what if he doesnt stop and beats mono to death?!

Mono has been a friend for at least a year, and Ghost is risking his life and trusting me, even though we met half an hour ago...i can't stand by, i need to help him..

[Hand ghost the metal scrap]

[Stand by]