mono x reader|im amazing...?

[this is a short oneshot]

Mono POV~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Catch!"
I yell, throwing a key across the room to my helpful friend (y/n), they unlock the door and open it.

"They're right behind you!"
(Y/n) yells, and sure enough, those prosthetic people were chasing after me..

I bolt it to the door, going as fast as my legs will, if we can reach that switch...we'll be saved. (Y/n) is already ready to give me a boost, hopefully this is going to work.

"3..2..NOW!"
I yell, jumping on (y/n)'s shoulders and flipping the switch, but before they turn on, one of them grabs (y/n) from under me.

"AH!"
They shreik, wiggling in its plastic grip, the lights switch on and they all become stiff, but (y/n) is still in its hand.

"D-don't worry, I'll get you out!"
I say, running off, i grab the nearest blunt object, a hammer, and run back to (y/n).

"Wait wait that'll--!"
I don't think and slam the hammer down on the plastic terrors leg, making it fall with (y/n)...

"...ouch."
(Y/n) mumbles, i rush to grab their hand, helping them up, when they stand on their own, i look at their limbs, frantically looking for any sign i could've gotten them hurt.

"What are you doing?"
(Y/n) asks.

"You fell, im checking to see if you got hurt at all."
I say.

"Im fine, just a little surprised at what happened."
(Y/n) says.

"You and me both.."
I mumble, checking them over one more time, before leaning on the wall and sighing.

"You've almost gotten killed so many times since we met, and most of them are because you've tried to save me or help me."
I say.

"We're a team, of course i want to help you."
(Y/n) says, leaning on the wall with me.

"But...why? You could've stayed in a safe place, but you decided to risk your life and save me, and now you keep doing it...i don't get why im that special to you."
I say.

"Well, because you're...you."
(Y/n) says.

"Huh?"
I hum.

"You're doing daring things every day, being smart and nice and amazing, helping you is my way of being that too."
(Y/n) says.

"You...think im amazing?"
I say, it comes out as a whisper, but they hear it.

"Of course! Why else would i want to travel a messed up world with you? I trust and admire you, nothing could make me think badly about you."
(Y/n) says, it feels like my heart is skipping beats...they admire me...

"C'mon, we have a long way to go!"
(Y/n) says with a smile, walking up to a door and trying to reach the handle, but they're not tall enough.

"Ah, I'll help!"
I exclaim, running to their aid.

...they think im amazing, knowing that feels...great.