{42} Homework

"Are you two still not talking?" Julian asked incredulously from his seat in between us. I tried to think of a response but lucky enough for me I heard heels clacking down the aisle.

"Oh look Miss Thompsons here we need to be quiet." Julian gave me a fake smile before turning to Mason, who shrugged. The truth is I'd be willing to talk to Mason but he was still giving me the silent treatment. Lets just say it's a little bit awkward when I ask Lucas if I can go over to Cole's and Mason's in the same room. 

Mason's also opting to glare at Cole whenever he sees him school, like right now. He was currently glaring at Cole who stood across the hall looking as cool as a cucumber. 

"Good morning students. This assembly is going to be about your senior trip. The staff and I have decided to do something a little more extra this year so for your senior trip you will be going to Florida." Cheers sounded from around me but my mind immediately went to the cost. 

"Settle down. Of course this will not be free but we will be raising a fundraiser to help cover some of the fees. You will be staying there for four nights and five days. It'll cost twelve hundred dollars. I am on a tight time schedule so any other information you need will be on the letter. 

I'm sure you are aware that you will also be having a senior prom. For those failing you will not be allowed to attend but for those who are passing their classes your ticket will cost eighty dollars.

The letters about your Florida trip are at the back of the hall near the doors so if your are interested grab one before they're all gone," she nodded before walking off to the side. 

Talking erupted around us from the information that we'd be able to go to Florida. Everyone was so excited because our school never do any extracurricular trips or dances. The only dance we ever had in this school is prom. Julian turned to me with a big smile but I gave him a guilty look. "Sorry."

He visibly deflated but tried to give me a supportive smile, "It's okay kid."

I looked over at Mason to see him scowling at the ground. I know he would've loved to go to Florida but there was no chance we'd be able to afford it. It was already so expensive and that was just the price of the trip, imagine how much buying clothes and getting spending money would cost. 

I have to admit I would've loved to go as well but it just wasn't doable. I'm lucky enough to be able to go to prom. "At least we have prom," I said, hoping it would lift his mood.

"Yeah I guess your right," he said before he froze, realizing he supposedly wasn't talking to me right now.

"Mason it's been two weeks. Why are you still beating me up about it?"

"I was just pissed off at you," he kicked at the floor. 

"I know and I'm sorry⏤"

"Let me finish. At first I thought you were being dumb and he was taking advantage of you but Julian explained it wasn't like that. But I guess my pride got in the way and I couldn't bring myself to apologize."

"Aww this is so cute. I've been waiting for this," Julian squealed, fanning his eyes. 

"But I've hated not talking to you. I just need to remember that your not a kid. You can make your own choices now." I love how he talks as if we're not the same age.