{11} Milkshake

I walked into the diner scouting the tables for the ginger. I started making my way over to her table once I spotted her. "Hey Bails." The offer I made Mason popped up in my head, making me slightly nervous. I had agreed to it so now it was kind of a promise, something I had to do. 

She narrowed her eyes at my tone, clearly picking up on it, but didn't say anything. "Hi. Are you okay?"

"Yeah, yeah I'm fine. You?" I asked sliding into the opposite side of the booth. I rubbed my hands together as I waited for her response. It was so cold in here. 

"I'm alright," she sighed. I guess I wasn't the only one acting out of character. Thankfully a waiter came over to our table, destroying the lapse of awkwardness.

"Hi I'll be your waiter for the night. Here are some menu's and I'll be back in a few minutes to take your order," she said with a big smile, handing us our menus. 

"Thank you..." I paused looking at her name tag, "Mia." I flashed her a smile before she went over to the next table of customers, repeating her routine. 

I scanned down the menu. "Well it was nothing like Bellmeire's but it'll have to do," I sniggered at my bias. My face heated in embarrassment when Bailey didn't join in.  

Maybe she was upset about something because she looked like it. She was currently staring out the window looking like a kicked puppy. "Are you alright?"

"Yeah I'm just a bit sad Mason isn't here.."

"Am I not good enough," I joked expecting her to laugh or at least give a positive reaction. 

"Your alright I guess," she shrugged sending a pang to my heart. Well that wasn't nice. She panicked once she saw my face. "I didn't mean it like that."

"It's fine," I forced a smile. The waiter, Mia, came back before Bailey could say anything else.

"What would you guys to have?"

"Please can I have a vanilla milkshake?"

"Vanilla milkshake." I gave Bailey a much realer smile as we spoke at the same time but she was frowning at me. I scanned her face, trying to figure out what was wrong. 

Mia coughed catching my attention. "Anything else?"

"Right sorry. Nothing else for me," I nodded my head over at Bailey.

"Nothing else."

 She spoke up again once Mia had left, "I wonder why Mason didn't come."

I picked at my nails nervously. "Willow?"

"He doesn't like hanging out without you became you make him feel uncomfortable," I blurted out before slapping my hand over my mouth. Way to be subtle Willow! Well I've already started so I might as well carry on. "And if he feels that way then I think you should be a bit more respectful," I said, much softer this time.

"So what you don't want me to talk to him?" She scoffed, looking disgusted with me. 

"I don't want to offend you. I love you Bails, you know that, but you just make him really uncomfortable. I'm just asking you to tone it down a bit please?"

"Your being ridiculous!" She shouted throwing her arms up. I shrunk into myself as all eyes turned to us. 

"I don't think I am," I whispered making sure I was just loud enough so she could hear. I hate getting into disagreements with friends. 

I looked around and everyone was slowly turning back to their own tables, until Bailey shouted again, "Why would you come if you wouldn't bring Mason?" 

I took a deep breath trying to calm myself. She probably doesn't mean it. People say things they don't mean when they're hurt. "Why would you invite me if you wanted Mason to come?" My words came out more bitter than they were meant to but I was hurt. The way she said it, seemed like she was using me for Mason. 

"You know I have been respectful about many things. I don't call him Mase, I left him off the hook when he denies my attempts. And for you to say this to me? Seems a bit bitchy is all," she threw her arms in the air. 

"You can't force someone to like you. And I don't mean for it to come across that way but I'm not going to sit back and do nothing when I know how he's feeling. He's my brother and I know he'd do the same for me." 

She looked so angry now, a vein in her forehead was profusely throbbing. I turned my head when I heard footsteps nearing us. Mia came up to us, milkshakes in hand, looking much more timid this time. 

"I'm sorry but the boss says you guys need to leave," her eyes fleeted to a guy standing behind the counter. "So if you could take these to go?" She asked looking at me instead of Bailey.

"Oh no need to take them to go," she said sweetly making Mia walk off with a wary but thankful smile. I cocked my head to the side trying to figure out what Bailey was doing when she picked up both of our milkshakes. Then I realized when she dumped them both over my head.

I gasped as the cold liquid trickled down my hair and onto my body. "You think you know someone," she scoffed before walking out the diner, making sure to slam the door on her way out. I scraped the milkshake off my eyes staring at where she was sat. 

What just happened? 

I felt a sting in the back of my eyes, promising for tears, but I forced them away. It was just a little miscommunication, no need to cry. Everything was going to be fine. 

"Out!" A man who I'm assuming the boss shouted at me. 

"Can I not-"

"Now!" He screamed so loud that his voice cracked. 

I ran out holding my hair so it didn't drip. Squirming uncomfortably, I felt the milkshake seep through my clothes and onto my skin. Now my clothes stuck to me like a second layer of skin. Worst part is I didn't even get to drink my milkshake.