{33} Baby girl

I had just come home yesterday and I was already going back to Cole's place, I was just waiting for him to pick me up. Julian had also come over to drop off my birthday gift before he went out with Mason. Hopefully they'll leave before Cole comes or else we are going to run into a few problems. 

"You seriously didn't need to get me anything."

"I did." He forced the small box into my hands with a wicked smile. I opened the box carefully the reveal necklace. It was silver with a baby pink oval pendant.

"It's gorgeous. Thank you Julian."

"The pendants a rose quartz. It's supposed to encourage unconditional love, like you and Cole. It also has a lot of self healing bullshit but who cares about that. My ship will finally sail," he sighed wistfully. Well that explains his smile. I'm scared to imagine how he'd act if he actually knew Cole and saw us interact. 

"You are crazy," I shook my head giggling but hugged him nonetheless. Our eyes widened as we heard a car pull up. I looked out of my widow recognizing the Hyundai. "It's Cole."

"I'll get Mason out of here quickly then. Bye kid." 

"Bye. Thank you again." He ruffled my hair before I could protest and ran out. Once I heard the door shut I peeked through my window to see Julian's car drive past Cole's with no issues. 

"Evelyn I'm leaving. Are you gonna be okay?" I asked as I put my shoes on. 

"Yeah I'll be fine," she said, cheese hanging out of her mouth. 

I let out a little chuckle, "Are you sure? You can come with me."

"Mhm, now go."

I ran out my house, not wanting to keep Cole waiting, and was pleasantly surprised to see Demitri walk out of his house the same time as me. I felt like I hadn't seen him in ages. He spotted me and approached Cole's car, putting out his cigarette while doing so.

"You know you don't have to do that every time you see me," I smiled.

"You hate it," he shrugged slinging his arm over my shoulder. I looked down at his other hand that kept clenching and unclenching into a fist but refrained from commenting.

"Petrov," Cole acknowledged once we reached his car.

"Mitchell," Demitri nodded back. I looked at the two of them in surprise. "Since when were you two on a last name basis."

"We text occasionally."

"A lot. I'm starting to think he's obsessed with me," Cole smirked handsomely making me giggle. Demitri's the only friend Cole has officially met so it was nice to see that they got along so well. "You good?" Cole asked noticing the same thing as me.

Demitri rubbed at his jaw as he exhaled harshly. "Got some shit on my mind."

"Are you okay?" I asked looking up at him concerned.

"Yeah no I'm fine. I just kind of fucked up."

"What did you do?" My eyebrows furrowed as all the possible things he could've done that had him acting this jittery ran through my mind. Demitri wasn't anxious type so it must've been something bad.