Chapter 40

Presidential Room

"Which means what?" Rebekah questioned, standing up.

Scott did the opposite of what she did and took a seat, not knowing what to say.

"I-You-We..." He tried to form an answer but he couldn't, and realized that he needed some time to process everything, so he stood up, restless. "Take a shower, get dressed and feed on one of those flasks. I need to think."

With that, he moved to remove his bathrobe so that he could shift into a wolf and go for a run to clear his mind, but Rebekah was having none of it. Having left Klaus so that she could do as she pleases, she wasn't interested in being ordered around.

"Don't tell me what to do. I'm not going anywhere until you tell me what's going on." Rebekah said, and turned to Lydia. "Now, tell me what the bloody hell is going on! What does Nik and I being siblings mean and why did you look at Scott and me like that, Lydia?"

"You should really listen to Scott, Rebekah." Lydia responded. "You're in for a shock, and trust me; it's not something you want to hear on an empty stomach without taking a shower and getting dressed."

"Talking about a shower." Cora began, thinking about heading to her bedroom before the Royal Guard returns. "MPGs and SPGs aren't in the suite, so I'll see you after I've had my own shower."

"Same here." Lydia second, and began to leave the room with Cora, but not before she patting Scott on the shoulder in support.

She knew that a lot had to be going through his mind at the moment as knowing that you had a relative you didn't know about and meeting said relative, especially with their circumstances, couldn't be easy to process.

"I'll get you some clothes from your room." Malia told Rebekah, before turning her attention to Scott. "Instead of shifting in the middle of the town in brought daylight with a lot on your mind, maybe you should call Deaton.

No, actually, call Marin. She's better equipped for this. I'll check on the Guard while I get Rebekah's clothes and then take everyone downstairs for lunch so you two can talk. I'll have your food sent up here."

"Thanks, Malia." Scott thanked her, heeding her advice.

"My suite key card is on the nightstand." Rebekah informed Malia, deciding to follow what was suggested as Scott did answer her question of what he was without a problem.

Malia acknowledged her and moved to leave but something suddenly occurred to her.

"Yesterday, you said that Tara is helping you with something." She said, addressing Rebekah. "What is she helping you with?"

"Why?" Rebekah asked.

"If she's helping you look for something, you might not have to look for it." Malia replied, thinking about how she looked for her younger sister's doll to return it where it was supposed to be after Scott and Stiles took it.

"Tara is helping me find my necklace." Rebekah responded, finding Malia's reply too specific in that she was looking for something.

"Silver necklace with a garnet embedded in it?" Scott inquired, although by now, he knew he didn't need to.

"How do you know that?" Rebekah's question was all the confirmation they needed, and with it, Malia exited the balcony, leaving aunt and nephew together.

"Believe me, its best I tell you when we're dressed and proper." Scott replied. "You'll find me in the conference room when you're done."

With that, Scott took one of his flasks and left the balcony to get dressed, leaving Rebekah wondering still, before heading for the bathroom to shower, surprising herself by not acting out.