Adjusting to a Newborn

Start from the beginning

He grins in amazement, "I think I saw that, only the best to portray me. What about your life anything new?"

"I got married early last year, to a wonderful man named Gwilym. He was cast as Brian in the film but I knew him before that, the man that Jim met, he makes me so happy. But we now have a baby girl, Taylor May Mercury-Lee."

"I bet Roger loved that. I'm glad you've found someone, that must mean you've opened all the letters?"

"Yes. The only two unopened are Brian and Roger's retirement letters, oh Queen has a new lead singer Adam Lambert."

"Is he good?" Brian and Roger wouldn't pick someone bad but you never know.

"He'll never be you but he's pretty amazing."

He's amazed fans still enjoy their music, "I can't believe Queen is still going after all these years."

"It was 48 years this year, Brian and Roger are still going strong and with the film release, it's brought an entirely new generation of fans. Freddie is following in your footsteps by the way. He's just got into Queen music after watching the film and he's now an aspiring rockstar. He's a good artist too."

"Well I'm flattered but he's welcome to follow his own path, I don't want him becoming a rockstar if he really doesn't want to." He'd hate the thought of his grandson feeling pressured to do something he doesn't want to do, "I'm glad he's an artist though, that's something you didn't pick up from me."

Distant crying tugs her towards reality, Amelia got the sense that this dream isn't going to happen again, "I'm not going to see you again am I? This is the last time?"

"Yes, this is the last time. Your life is filled now, you have a family, a purpose and they need you. I'll always be watching but the next time I see you will be when your time comes. I love you, Milly, I can never express how proud I am of you. Look after my grandchildren and I'll see you again one day."

He hugs her tightly and she savours the feeling, "I love you too dad."

------

After giving them a week to settle Taylor in, Rami, Lucy, Joe, Rosie, Ben and Brianna visit them to meet the newborn.

"Oh, isn't she sweet," Lucy gushes, taking the baby girl from Gwilym, "I want one."

Ben and Joe hide their snicker at the look on Rami's face, Amelia nudges his arm, whispering, "Hey Rami, where's the ring? Time's ticking." She smirks tapping her wrist where a watch should sit.

Rami shoves her shoulder blushing, "Shut up."

"I can't believe it happened on your way home from the wedding," Brianna shakes her head in amazement.

"At least it didn't happen at the wedding reception," Amelia mutters, that would have been embarrassing, "When is the honeymoon?"

Brianna takes Taylor from Lucy sitting next to Amelia, "We leave on Friday though Ben won't tell me where we're going."

"It's a surprise," Ben grins sitting next to his wife giving Taylor his finger when she grabs at his hand. He's booked a two-week honeymoon on a Safari in South Africa, it's something Brianna has told him many times that she'd love to do.

"Just don't walk her through the airport blindfolded. Gwilym did that through the London airport and the Maldives airport and I nearly divorced him." She didn't mind through the London airport but the Maldives was just annoying.

"Yeah, thinking back I probably could have told you while we were on the plane," He's not entirely sure why he didn't do that but hey, they're still married.

Ben chuckles, "I'll keep that in mind."

"What about you two?" Lucy turns the attention on Rosie and Joe, "Wedding plans sorting for the 25th of October?"

"Everything but the cake. We'll sort that when we get back to New York next week," Rosie beams as Brianna hands Taylor over.

"I can't believe you're moving to America. First Jessica and now you. Joe how dare you steal her away from us," Amelia teases.

"Well Brianna stole my Ben, so I'm stealing your Rosie," Joe bites back playfully.

They chat for a while longer until Rami, Lucy, Joe and Rosie get up to leave, "We'll see you in October," Amelia hugs Rami and then Rosie.

"You asked us to stay?" Ben enquires holding Taylor.

"Yes, we were going to ask you at the wedding but we forgot," Gwilym admits.

"We wanted to ask you two to be Taylor's godparents?"

"Seriously?" Brianna beams, she's always been a good aunty to Freddie and Ben is already a doting uncle to Freddie and Taylor.

"Seriously," Gwilym confirms smiling.

Ben grins down at the baby in his arms, "Oh with pleasure."

"We'd be honoured," Brianna agrees. Despite only been married a week, Ben and Brianna have already started trying for a baby of their own but she has a bad feeling it could take a while since she's been on the pill so long. Having Freddie and Taylor to dote on will fill that void for a while.

So what are your thoughts on my possible doing a Ben and Brianna spin-off story in the future? My next story is of course going to be the Roger Taylor daughter book but maybe in the future I could come back and do this spin-off?