77 - Paradise

Can

- Are you ready for a little Divit? -

How to answer such a question? My heart can barely contain all the love I feel for this wonderful woman who has recently become my wife and, I thought, the most important person in my life when I realise that soon another little being will arrive whom I can't help but adore with all my being. I can't wait to think about what awaits us, I can already imagine that little one, a bit of me and a bit of her, who will be nothing but the fruit of all the love in this world, all the love that can exist.

To think that a part of me lives and grows in her, that soon we will see her abdomen grow with a child that I can't help but imagine with her smile, with those dimples that have always driven me crazy, with her brown eyes that I already feel hopelessly in love with.

I take her in my arms and lay her on the cloth with which we have covered the bow of the boat to look at the sky, I stretch out with my upper body partly on top of her to look into her eyes, those eyes that now shine with happiness illuminated only by the reflection of the most beautiful moon that is shining for us tonight, to witness our greatest joy.

- You are the most precious thing I have in my life Sanem and now you hold within you.... - I reach out to caress her still flat abdomen with a newfound devotion - .... the most prodigious treasure you could give me. I never thought of having children before you, you know? I didn't see myself as the type to have a family and children, but when I woke up on the couch in your house holding little Kiraz in my arms I wished for the first time to be a father, if our life had taken a completely different turn that child could have been yours and mine, I felt a terrible regret at that thought.
You made me want things that were unthinkable for me just a few years ago, I want everything with you Sanem, I wanted marriage badly and now I want everything, I want a house, I want children, I want a big and loud family.
I want to live joyful days that I'm sure only you Sanem can give me, I want everything and I want it with you, so yes, to answer your question, I want a little one or a little Divit but only to start with, because I want lots of children and I want them all to look like their wonderful mother-

- Oh Can, how can you always shock my heart with such emotional words, I must confess that even I, opening my eyes that morning, was enchanted by the wonderful scene that presented itself before my eyes. You were beautiful and heartbreakingly tender with little Kiraz held in your strong arms, I had exactly the same regrets as you and thought the same thing, she could have been our daughter if things had gone differently.
But as you see, what is destiny finds its way in the end, some time has passed but our wish of that morning will still come true.

A passionate kiss sealed this moment full of so many emotions and meanings, it was another piece of our "happily ever after" which was now enriched with "finally complete with the greatest gift of love on its way".

We left Sàmara the next day to face about four days of sailing in the open sea towards the Galápagos Islands, luckily Sanem is not suffering from any pregnancy-related ailments at the moment, otherwise being on a boat would certainly not have helped.

I realise that I am starting to adopt the attitudes of an anxious husband and father, I worry that she is eating properly and I realise that she will soon have to undergo the routine check-ups necessary at the beginning of the pregnancy.
I think I will have to revise my plans for the next few months somewhat to adapt them to an expectant woman, I am already making contacts to organise everything as best I can.

Now more than ever my daily intentions will be to take care of her and spoil her in a shameful way, I don't want her to get tired or suffer any discomfort, she just needs to think about writing her book and rest.
We decide first to head for the small uninhabited islands to the north of the main islands of the archipelago, first we reach Isla Genovesa, a corner of almost unspoilt paradise, famous for its numerous bird colonies. Sanem is enraptured by the panoramic views that allow birdwatchers to admire the numerous nesting sites.

We then sail around Isla Marchena, an uninhabited island populated by numerous hawks and sea lions, which we admire while staying on the boat to avoid disturbing their unspoilt habitat, as we do when we sail around Isla Pinta, where we can observe, with a telescope, numerous forked-tailed gulls, marine iguanas, hawks and seals.

We spend a few days anchored in a bay with a spectacular view of a long stretch of sand before reaching the larger islands. There we can finally go ashore to refuel and head inland to discover the lush vegetation and reach the different beaches populated by iguanas, frigate birds, blue-footed gannets and red-footed gannets.

We also visit several nature reserves that are home to Galápagos tortoises, the largest giant tortoises alive today, which can weigh up to 300-320 kg and have a carapace length of 1.2 m.

We spend some wonderful days simply basking in the warmth of the tropical sun, looking at the unspoilt nature around us, while I dedicate myself to photographing wonderful animals we have never seen before and Sanem is able to take advantage of these unique sceneries to write at length, setting part of his book in these places.

We then moved on to the southernmost island in the archipelago, Isla Española, famous for being the nesting place of our beloved albatrosses, which are among the largest birds on Earth, with the largest wingspan of all birds, measuring up to around 340 cm.

It was a spectacle for me to see and photograph these wonderful animals but it was even more fascinating to observe the paradise we are in through the enchanted eyes of my Sanem.

We were both thrilled to see a nest where a female was hatching her eggs while a male was standing guard, opening his majestic wings to intimidate anyone who might think of approaching his nest and his mate who was caring for his cubs. I couldn't help but identify even more with this wonderful animal, I felt at that moment exactly like him, with a duty to guard my life partner and my new baby with all respect.

It was exactly with this in mind that I decided to head for the Isla de San Cristóbal where we stayed for several days, renting a romantic bungalow near the beach of Puerto Chino so that Sanem could rest with all the comforts of the mainland. We live there peaceful days, out of time and space, intense days of wonder as we discover spectacular beaches unique in the world for their flora and fauna.

We are sitting at sunset on the beautiful white beach of Cerro Brujo, famous because the sand seems to have the consistency of icing sugar, and as we look around, enchanted by the sight of sea lions, gannets and pelicans, we feel like we are living a daydream.

Sanem turns to me excitedly.

-Thank you Can aşkım my love, thank you for taking me to paradise and to my most beautiful dreams -.

All I can do is to take her face in my hands to look deeply into her eyes and whisper on her lips that make me burn so much:

- It is the least I can do considering that you are able to take me to paradise with every hug, every kiss and every caress aşkım my love -