69 - Now and forever

Can

Her kiss was sudden and unexpected, my heart was pounding because of the fear I felt when I didn't see her emerge from the surf and it definitely went crazy when I felt the grip of her hands on my face, her lips on mine, that taste of hers that since our kiss on the pier I had already recognized only capable of making me lose control.

It was an exhilarating, incredible and wonderful moment, to have found each other again, to have finally been able to open my heart to her and discover that what I felt deep down was nothing other than what I had already confessed to her when I had asked her to marry me.

We stayed for hours on the seashore embracing and losing ourselves in each other, in the warmth, in the taste of each other's lips and skin that we felt part of ourselves again.
The sun set on those effusions and those whispered love phrases that we wished would never end.
Reluctantly we had to break up our embrace to gather our things and head home, struggling to take our eyes off each other, our hands reaching out to shake at every opportunity during the car ride.
Once we arrived I took a quick shower to allow her plenty of time to freshen up while I took care of preparing dinner and something special for this special evening.

When she finally emerges from the bedroom door everything is ready on the terrace, I have spread a cloth on which I have laid several soft cushions of the sofa, in the middle our dinner and all around dozens and dozens of candles to illuminate the Californian night without having to turn on the light.

I smile at her and go towards her, holding out my hand for her to sit down, I pour a small amount of prosecco into a crystal glass and suddenly I remember why - I poured a little and wondered why it had come to me so spontaneously, then I remembered a beautiful girl, decidedly tipsy, asking me to dance with a "Kötü krala come on", I would say that you can't handle alcohol very well, can you? -

She smiles hiding her face in her hands for the shame of our first dance together where she practically fell asleep in my arms - Hatırlıyor musun , do you remember? -

I smile in amusement- Evet, yes I remember perfectly, I remember how wonderful it was to finally hold you in my arms for the first time, your intoxicating scent, your hair brushing against my bare arms as I held you close to me -

I take her hand and bring it to my lips and then bring a morsel of food to her mouth, we eat like this, feeding each other without ever letting our intertwined hands melt and our intent gazes part.

When dinner is over I pick up the phone, look for what I need and then put it down, stand up and offer her my hand.

- Come my harika kraliçe, my wonderful queen I want to dance again with you that song that could not be more appropriate to describe my feelings -
She takes my hand and stands up bringing her arms around my neck while I hold her tightly in my arms, we move slowly to the rhythm of this beautiful song and I can only repeat the words that correspond exactly to what I feel deep inside.

- I can't be without you, I'd never be full of you even if I lived another thousand years, I've given you my heart Sanem -

She looks at me with sparkling eyes that reflect all the love she can muster - I could tell you exactly the same things, you're the centre of my world, you're my everything, you're an essential part of my heart Can Divit thank you for coming back to me and allowing it to come back to beat -

We look into each other's eyes for a long time, reflecting the same powerful feeling that has brought us here despite all the difficulties and falls, our souls and our hearts find each other and intertwine in this embrace and a kiss that is love and passion, forgiveness and rebirth, promise and devotion.

What I now consider 'our' song is followed by others, we almost don't realise it because we are so caught up in our love, other images of the past come to mind, other dances in which the world has ceased to exist for us, just as it does at this moment. It seems to me more and more that our story is nothing but an endless repetition of intense and wonderful moments of love and I think there is no better moment than this.

- Sanem, I'm remembering more and more things from the past, I'm remembering the thousands of reasons why I can't help but fall in love with you, I remember perfectly another of the countless proposals I made to you, the one during my birthday party, in which I said my heart, my life, my soul...will you marry me?

Then ..... -

I move my hands up from her back to her neck, I reach for the clasp on the chain that she always wears around her neck and I open it, I pull until I free the precious rings that she keeps hidden under her clothes directly over her heart.

I take the one with the amber stone and kneel in front of her.

- Sanem, this stone has worked its magic, it has truly taken me wherever my beloved was, be it Cornwall or California, for this is our destiny, this is written for us.

I ask you again, will you now and forever be my wife Sanem?

Do you want to live every day of our lives together?

Do you want to grow old with me and never let go of my hand?

Do you want to make my life happy and complete as only you can do?

- Oh Can, we have almost lost count of how many times you have asked me this but it always seems like the first time, my love for you has remained unchanged or rather it has been gradually growing over time and so I can only answer you my heart, my life, my soul evet, yes absolutely yes, a million times again yes.

I want to be your wife now and forever.