Chapter 48: Nightmare Part 2

Start from the beginning

"I must control it." I thought as I tried to calm myself down.

I performed the same actions until we were in our blade lock again. I pushed him back and he ducked. He punched me in the gut then kicked me in the face.

"Hmm?" He walked up to me slowly while I got up.

"May I ask you a question?" I picked up my sword.

"You already did so shut up!" I changed into a defensive stance.

"Do you remember...the last time I killed them? I do. It was wonderful." He kicked Nolan's body to the side.

I held my swords grip tighter.

"So you do." He started to laugh hysterically.

I charged at him. The top half of his body went limp and he was still laughing. I stopped running and jumped back.

"Perfect! Then I'll put on a show for you, where you watch these mortals die over and over." He stood up straight.

"But I do want to do something with you before the show." I didn't move.

"So that's how it's going to be. Then I'll be the one to strike first." Epiales lunged towards me, I moved to the side and knocked him off his feet.

I raised my sword into the air.

"Stop!" He yelled in Mari's voice.

I stopped my sword. He smiled and kicked my sword out of my hand.

"You're very strange. You won't kill a friend but you don't get mad or cry when they die." I drew my great sword and blocked his sword.

"Shut up!" I pushed him back and cut his arm off.

"Oh I see, I can't believe I forgot you told me that." He picked up his arm.

"You have to keep your anger under control or you'll lose yourself and will hurt Aegis and Asurmaru." He reattached his arm.

"I never told you that." We entered another blade lock.

"Well not me, Epiales, but you told Mari. I share the memories of Oizys and Mari. So what they know, I know. For example, you can't use two specific Arts because of an unknown limit placed upon you." He smiled deviously.

"And of course, I know what that limit is and why you have it." I encased my sword in fire.

"You don't know anything." I pushed him back and we exchanged blows but he kept on getting stronger.

"Keeping your god entertained even in your current state? Impressive, but if this is all you have to offer, I am afraid you won't last long." He pushed me back.

"You are not my god." I scattered coins all around him and took my longsword out of the ground and threw it into the air.

I increased the size of the flames surrounding my sword. I opened the dark corridor and ran through them. He blocked all my attacks. My longsword fell onto the ground behind Epiales and I slipped into the shadows. I appeared behind him and tried to attack him but failed.

"Nice try." I punched him in the face, then grabbed him by the neck.

He cut off my hand, in return I managed to cut off a finger.

"I'm done with this." I sighed and the terrain around me collapsed and created a giant ravine.

I thrusted my sword into the ground. I took out my knife and held it with my mouth. I drew my sword out of the ground and pointed it towards the sky. The sky became cloudy and a bolt of lightning striked my sword. I contained the lightning into my sword and surrounded it with fire. The flames grew stronger and bigger, until it took shape into a dragon. I pointed my sword at Epiales and the dragon attack, enveloping him with its flame.