Chapter 40: Ansel and Evangeline

"Hello Julie." I waved.

"H-hello. What are you doing here?" She asked as she sank into the water only showing the top half of her head.

"Did you see?" She asked.

I looked back at her and immediately turned around.

"No I didn't." I responded I said as I covered my face.

"So why are you here?" Her voice got a bit more intimidating.

"Well Asurmaru kind of got blood everywhere on her, so I went to find a lake for her but you already seemed to have found it." I chuckled nervously.

"You're not lying are you?" I shook my head.

I sensed a strong emotion form behind me but it wasn't negative which made me confused.

"Um I am sorry for intruding, but can I go?" I got no response.

"Julie?" I said.

"Julie?" I repeated louder.

"Huh?! What is it?" I repeated my question.

"Y-yeah." Her voice sounded a bit disappointed.

I laughed and opened a dark corridor then closed it. I took a deep breath and walked up to Aegis and Asurmaru. They both had a big smile on their face but I ignored them.

"I found the lake." I looked at Aegis.

"Go with her, make sure she doesn't drink the blood and wash her clothes." I opened the dark corridor and they walked in.

It closed and I walked to Nolan who was guarding the food. I skinned the boar. When I finished Nolan and a few of the ones that we rescued, helped to cook the food.

"So where is Julie? I haven't seen her since we got back." Nolan asked.

"She's at a lake, the same one Asher found." Skylark answered.

"Seriously?!" Nolan looked at me.

"Sometimes it annoys me that you guys can go through my memories." I sighed.

"So it is true." Nolan put his shoulder over me.

"Well talk about this matter later." I looked around and everyone else gave me a thumbs up.

I gave a confused look in return. I wiped my forehead.

"The foods done." I sighed.

"We're done." Aegis' voice came in my head.

I opened a dark corridor. They came through, including Julie, and Asurmaru was no longer covered in blood. I cut a piece of the boar and the girls a piece. Julie and Aegis sat down and started eating. Asurmaru ate while going to sit down. I served everyone before serving myself. No one made room for me so I had to sit down next to Julie which was a bit awkward. Everyone else seemed to be amused from it.

"Everyone really liked the food. There is only bones now." Aegis said.

"Maybe but they probably didn't really care about the taste and just wolfed it down. They might've not have been feed well in the cathedral." I said.

"You should have a bit more confidence in yourself." Aegis said.

"Yeah. Well I guess I better build the shelters for everyone." I stretched and put my hand onto the ground.

Multiple large stone houses sprouted from the ground like a flower.

"Now that's taken care of I'll go and check the area." I yawned.