Chapter 41: Stroll

Neither of them said anything.

"Come on I can't keep my promise if you don't ask me anything." They still didn't say anything.

"Something?" I begged.

"Did you encounter any other gods?" Ansel blurted out.

Finally, I told myself.

"Yes I have. When I went over to the lab there was another god with him. They said something about a baby that has the best chance to kill me." I sighed.

"Now you said you were watching over Audrey correct?" I looked at Ansel.

"Yes." He nodded.

"Well Oizys is here but you already knew that. Mari is also her as well." Ansel narrowed his eyes.

"Do you know where Mari is?" He asked.

"She is with me currently. She was with Oizys until she ran away." I said.

"Thank god." Ansel said.

I then explained everything that Mari told me to them.

"So then she's planning to revive Epiales again." Evangeline sighed.

"I'm curious what is so dangerous about Epiales?" I asked.

"Well from what Audrey told us he is pretty good at breaking a person spirit with the nightmares he creates from others." Ansel explained.

"Each time he kills someone he grows stronger depending on who his opponent is." Evangeline added.

"There was apparently more but unfortunately we couldn't learn about it." Ansel looked down.

"Ezekiel told me you were cut off from her world correct?" I looked at my hand.

"And when you say cut off could it mean that her world is destroyed. That would mean Audrey is dead." I looked at Ansel.

Evangeline looked away.

"Yes that is what I believed to be what happened." He responded.

"How many are left? How many other worlds are left other than this one?" I asked.

"None." Evangeline said.

"This world still exists and the one I meet Ezekiel in?" I patted the ground.

"Well these exists within the world you live in but the one where Master Ezekiel is in is just the world of your heart. Surly he must've told you?" Evangeline explained.

"We still have that world." He said.

"That doesn't count, we have to have permission to even be able to go there and besides it's probably destroyed after the war." The world went dark and I closed my eyes.

When I opened my eyes I was back on top of a tree.

A war? Are they talking about the Archfallen war? No they said something about permission so what are they talking about? I looked up at the sky.

I rubbed my eyes and my arm felt weak, the same arm that Evangeline stabbed me with the knife.

"So it does affect my body after all. I always wondered that." I chuckled.

I moved my sword to the side and grabbed my gun. I summoned Cannenta.

"Would you mind healing my arm?" She looked at me confused.

"I don't see anything wrong with it." She grabbed my arm and rolled up my sleeve.

"There is nothing here but a few scar from before." She rolled my sleeves back down.