Chapter 4: Holy Knight

People's hair and eye colors change due to the contract they have formed. Based on the color, it represents the Arts you can learn. Not for everyone though. My hair and eyes stayed the same but it changes depending on whether I use Aegis's or Asurmaru's power. I never really payed much attention to it though, so I don't know what color they change to. No one told me, except for the fact that it changes. The princess moved her head to look at all of us.

"Some of you may have heard, but we are currently in war with Zuanu. Things have turned for the worst and we are in desperate need of more soldiers," She announced, "We will have some of you be moved up to the front lines and some will be stationed at different cities to hold them down if the front falls."

"Now then," The princess held up her arms towards us. "In the name of my father, James Millenia, the King of  Millenia, those in front of me will become Holy Knights. Now stand."

We all slowly rose up, hearing cheers around us, but they were immediatly hused again as the Princess raised her hand.

"Everyone else will become knights and will be split into groups to fight in the war. The new Holy Knights in front of me, will be your leader in these new platoons. Now, newly appointed Holy Knights will receive gifts from the royal family, provided by father. In hopes you will serve our kingdom valiantly." She pointed over to where people were coming from with clothes, horses, and raw ores.

There was one horse that caught my eye and stood out from the rest. It was a light brown horse with a black mane. Unlike every other horse, there was no rider. The man holding the reins of the horse looked at me. He walked up to me and handed me the reins. I noticed the horse immediatley glare at me when I grabbed them. I wanted to stare at it back, but the man started to talk and I turned my attention to him.

"This one here listens only to the one he trusts. He is a free spirit but if you were to call for him he'd come faster than you think. He'll trust anyone the master trusts. Of course he'll have his say. If you ain't the one, good luck sir," He chuckled.

He handed me a gold and white colored clothing and chain mail that was under the cloths, it was surprisingly light. I felt a strange aura from the ores, which reminded me of something in class when we were talking about ores with a unique power. I led the horse to a nearby stable and left him with the stableboy as I went over to a room in the ceremony site where I could change .

This is seems similiar to the style of the Old Ones, I thought to myself.

I put on the coat, something hit my chest when I put it on, there was an inside pocket with something sticking out. There was a book placed inside, I took it out, on the cover was the contract symbol. I flipped open the book and inside was my name. I flipped to the next page, it was blank, there wasn't anything written on the pages, no words, scriptures, not even a picture. I wiped the page with my right hand, as if it reacted to my action, the page glimmered brightly and words began to appear. The first word was Angel, underneath a list of Arts appeared. The Arts were categorized by the different types of Arts, Oratalasis(Illusion), Mertphitan(Arnemant), Unkamorta(Unique), Biorkoltina(Physical Body Improvment), Ruinirdeleste(Sealing), Ketimesterin(Healing), Physiolenoe(Alternations of surroundings). From the different types it was sorted by class, Rook, Intermidiate, Royal, Demigod, Divine, and Eternal. There was 6 pages of it.

Huh. Interesting. This is pretty handy for me, I told myself.

I flipped past the pages until there was a blank page, I put my left hand over the page. The same thing happened again, except instead of Angel, the word Demon took its place. There was different Arts and Spells as well. It was the same length as the Angel one. I realized that I should be going back so I closed the book and set it aside.