Chapter 2: Aegis and Asurmaru

I eventually caught up with Keandra, Orion, and Ari, who were all waiting at the front gate. I lead the way back to the house, while Keandra talked with Orion and Ari. I opened the door for everyone and I heard footsteps moving closer and closer. Grayson peered out of a corner before walking towards us. We made our way to the living room as Keandra introduced Orion and Ari to Grayson. I sat by a wall, so everyone else could have a seat, while they introduced themselves.

"So that's the situation, huh? You guys got potential, you two should be fine if you're with these two." he looked at Orion "Especially you, Orion, you got a really lucky with this one."

The rooms attention went to me. I just gave them a confused look and shrugged.

"Well anyways, we have multiple little training grounds, use them as you please." He sighed.

Keandra came up with the idea of using different training grounds for the day. She said we'll let them fight each other tomorrow in a mock match. Orion and I walked to one of the training grounds that was farthest from Keandra and Ari.

"So first thing first, have you tried talking to your Angel, and try to befriend it," I asked as we started stretching.

He turned around and shook his head.

"Then try, just know this, if you fail the Angel will take over your mind and body," I warned.

"Why is it so important to become friends with my Angel," he asked.

I pointed my finger at the sky.

"You can obtain an Art that's solely unique to you and your Angel. You might get lucky and even obtain a Divine class Art. Of course, the Angel needs to be the one to accept giving you the Art and no one can change that." I replied.

"If this will help me." He sat down as if he was meditating.

"You sure he can do this, not everyone can befriend an Angel or a Demon," spoke a voice in my head.

Everything went white, an ethereal aura surround the area. Orion, the training ground, even the sky had disappeared, it was the Astral Plane. A holy light appeared and a demonic aura followed. They both took on a form but one was made of pure light and the other, darkness.

"Aegis, Asurmaru, how are you two doing," I asked casually.

"We are doing just fine, thank you." replied Asurmaru.

"Yeah, yeah. Lets get to the matter at hand. Are you positive that Orion should try to befriend his Angel?" asked Aegis.

"Yeah I am sure, besides if things are to go south we have you to handle him," I said calmly.

"I guess so." Aegis didn't sound satisfied but she seemed to be worried about something else.

"Look once we become a Holy Knight, I'll use my wish to get the location of the Angel Slayer. From there we'll slay the Angel slayer and get the Astrial bracelets and..." A loud rumble came through the world and it broke into pieces taking me back into reality.

"Aegis get ready to take control." A halo appeared on Orion's head.

He failed

Aegis took control where I was able to move my body but not my mouth or voice. Wings came from Orion's back.

"Finally free at last!" His voice was distorted, his own mixing with another.

"Who am I speaking too?" Aegis' voice came out through my mouth.

"That voice? Is that you, Lady Aegis," asked Orion's Angel.

I nodded for Aegis.

"Prove it." insisted the Angel.