Chapter 28: An Ashery Plan

We both laughed and met back up with everyone. I put my sword away, Nolan did the same.

"Are we all good to go?" Everyone nodded.

I mounted Storm and started heading west. Nightfall came. Me and Nolan went out hunting, while Julie and everyone else gathered some firewood. Once everything was done, I studied Seth's hook and wire. Nolan sat down next to me.

"What is that?" I showed it to him.

"I got it from the last god I fought. He was able to move around pretty quickly and pull you towards him with it." I said.

"Try using it." I shrugged and got ready.

I followed the same motion as Seth did and the hook latched onto a tree in front of me. Nothing happened. I pulled my arm slightly back and I was pulled towards the tree. The hook came off the tree as soon as I got close. I was able to stop myself from hitting the tree. I walked back to Nolan.

"Can I try?" he asked. I nodded and handed the hook and wire to him.

He copied me but he failed a few times but it gave me an idea.

"Hey you mind if I can see that again?" I asked.

He gave it back. I threw a bunch of coins around the place.

"Why did you throw money away like that?!" I laughed.

"It's not money. It's...something...I don't know what exactly it is." I opened up multiple doors and shot the hook through them.

It hit a tree behind me. I pulled my arm back and went through all the doors and came face to face with a tree. I swung around the tree and landed on top of a branch.

"It worked." I jumped back down on the ground.

I pulled out my gun and fired a bullet into the same one I went in. A large hole appeared in the tree behind me.

"Cool what else can I do." My mind started going crazy, Nolan put his hands on my shoulder.

"Okay Asher that's enough. You'll destroy this place with a fate ball if you keep going." I listened to him since that sounded like a good idea.

"Fate ball. You mean...that's a lot better name than the one I thought of. Mind if I use that?" Nolan nodded.

"Sure. Just as long as you don't blow up the area." I sighed and picked up all the coins before they grew into the ground.

After I finished I took some food, then jumped onto a tree branch and lied down. I noticed Nolan talking to Julie and Aegis. Asurmaru was sleeping with Skylark watching over her. I decided to go to sleep as well. I watched people get burned alive and chained then drowned that night. I hated how they would turn to my direction, seconds before dying. It felt like at that moment they could see me. I woke up in a cold sweat. I calmed myself down before heading down. Nolan was already up.

"Your eyes are puffy. What was it this time?" He asked.

"Burning and drowning." I looked at Nolan.

"I think they can see me moments before they die." I sighed.

"Anyways why are you up so early, Nolan?" He looked at me disappointingly.

"Thanks Nolan." He smiled.

"No problem." I looked up at the sky.

"It's a beautiful day." I stretched.

"We got some leftover food from yesterday if you want some." I nodded and ate with him. He raised up my sleeves.

"When?" I asked.