Chapter 35: Barbados

Peter tossed the knife to me. I caught it and examined it.

"What's this for?" I asked.

"You see our village has been cursed or at least that's what the villagers are saying. I managed to weaken it with a light seal." He sighed.

"Even so some of our water sources have become poisonous and our crops haven't been growing well either. Some of the animals we have found have been poisonous as well probably from the water." He pointed at the knife.

"That knife breaks the seal on the hill." I put the knife away.

"I assume you know which hill I am talking about." I nodded and stood up.

"Thank you for the food we shall handle this matter." I bowed.

"Take Rona and Wilber with you." He pointed at the two in front of me.

"What's the earliest you guys can get ready to leave?" I asked.

"Right now." Rona said.

"Very well let's go." I walked out of the room and Julie pulled me off to the side.

"Shouldn't we focus on the queen?" She said.

"We owe them, after all they protected the queen." I moved closer to her ear.

"Besides our main objective right now is to find and kill a god." I whispered.

"But--" I smiled.

"I am not saying we shouldn't be looking for them but now we have to focus on our main objective." Julie still looked unconvinced.

"They are with the elder's sons they should be safe. Trust me when I say this." Julie sighed and backed up.

I put my hand on her shoulder.

"Everything will work out. One way or the other." I went back to Peter with Mari.

"I want to leave Mari here with you if that's okay." Mari tugged on my coat.

"I want to come with you guys." She complained.

"We'll be back soon." I put my hand on her head.

"Fine." She walked over to Peter's side.

I opened a nearby window and jumped out of it. I landed in the back of the house.

"Wrong window." I sighed.

I jumped back in the same one and went out of the one in the opposite side.

"Let's go." They nodded.

Wilbur took the lead and guided us through the village. We reached the hill with a single tree on the top.

"This is the place." Wilber pointed.

I looked at Rona, who seemed like she wanted to say something.

"Is something wrong?" I asked.

"It's nothing, Phantom." She looked nervous.

"You can just call me by my name and drop the Phantom stuff." I looked at Wilber.

"Please do the same as well." I said.

"Really?" Rona said.

I nodded. She smiled and shook my hand. I pulled back my hand when I heard something crack. I looked at the seal, it was beginning to crack.

"I guess we might as well get started then." I took out the knife the elder gave me.

I struck the barrier with it. I couldn't pull the knife out.