Chapter 19: A Trap

"Yeah that reason is terrible. Even if you did have a good reason I still wouldn't marry your daughter." I pushed Sophia away again and again, when I tried to sit down, to no avail.

"More importantly what are you two doing here," I asked as I threw another piece of wood into the fire.

"Apparently the king of Milfar has assigned us to find and kill the princess's kidnapper. We just came back from gathering some supplies," Oliver answered.

"The king must be desperate then. He sent a cry of help to Millennia and are supposed to rescue the princess," Julie said.

"Huh? This was assigned to us recently and we didn't hear anything about any help," Oliver said.

"So that's their plan." Everyone looked at me.

"Isn't it obvious? Everyone here and the ones were are going to meet in the next town." They all had confused looks.

I sighed.

"It's currently unclear but the king may have decided to send the letter after hiring you two, this is his daughter after all, he wants to ensure her saftey. Our king is well known for helping out other kingdoms when in need so he asked him to send someone to assist in this rescue. Of course this is all assuming that the letter is real," I explained.

"So it's a trap" asked Julie.

I remembered about what Ezekiel said about the gods, but I ended up shaking the thought away.

"Don't take what I am saying seriuosly though, it's just a hunch of mine," I mumbled as I looked at Oliver, "Either way it seems like the princess is missing, so we'll accompany you two to help, even if it does end up being that the letter was fake. It will be benificial for us as well so it won't be a bother."

"Well your suspicions have never been wrong before and having you on our side will be extremely helpful," Oliver responded.

Should I tell them about Ezekiel and the prison? I looked back at them and grabbed my swords, No it should be fine.

"We are planning to meet someone in the next town, can we go there then to the castle. If you don't mind of course."

Oliver nodded and I smiled. I got up from my seat, nodded my head then jumped onto the highest tree branch I could find and lied down. I smiled as I looked up at the stars peacefully. I slowly closed my eyes and passed out. I opened my eyes and I was on a bed. Chains rattled as I got out of the bed. Selene and Leana were standing next to me. Ezekiel was sitting at his desk.

"Seems you've gained a new ally." He nodded.

"Oliver and Sophia? Yeah I guess." I sighed.

"So what is the reason you called for me this time?" I asked

"The reason we called for you this time is that we needed to tell you we have confirmed the next god you are approaching," He answered as I crossed my arms.

"His name is Seth, the god of chaos and apparently he took over a fallen. You'll encounter him soon if you contiune with that rescue mission of yours," He said with a chuckle.

A bell similar to the one before rang and everything faded to black.

"That was fast."

I opened my eyes and found multiple birds were resting on top of me. I looked around without moving and sighed in relief. I let the birds rest a little bit longer until they flew away on their own. I shook my hair and grabbed my swords. I jumped down and landed quietly on the ground. I looked over everyone and they were all sound asleep.