Chapter 12: Tippleton

Storm came after I called for him and I asked if he could take us to Tippleton and back by tomorrow. He looked back and nodded. I patted him on the neck with a smile. He snorted again. We set off to Clementine's and Jax's house, stopping by the towns along the way. We reached their mountains and as we were heading up the mountain, I spotted Jax passing by. I got off Storm and he ran off. I walked over to Jax, he was carrying a dead boar on his shoulder.

"Oh your back already Asher," Jax smiled as he turned towards me.

I nodded.

"I came over to see your father. I need him to work on my swords again. Is he home?" He nodded and his smile faded.

"Hey... we heard about what happened to Keandra. Are you... okay?" I put my hand on his shoulder.

"News are traveling fast these days. Don't worry about me, I'm fine. I was able to talk to her for a bit before she died."

We walked back to his house and Rima served me some food. I refused but me and Skylark somehow ended up eating with them. After we finished I followed Axel to his workshop and took out my swords. I placed them on top of the table in the middle of the room. Axel lifted the longsword up before looking back at me and raising his eyebrow.

"Do you think you can improve my swords," I asked as I leaned into the table.

"Well do you have any materials I can use," He said, putting the sword down back on the table while I took out the ones the ores I got from the ceremony.

"Will these do?"

He took one and nodded.

"How long do you think it'll take?" He placed everything back onto the table.

"I don't know, but come by tomorrow in the morning and check on how everything is going,"

Me and Skylark left Alex alone. I let Storm rest, so we made our way to Tippleton on foot. It was sundown when by the time we reached the town. Everyone was tearing down and rebuilding everything that was burned down. I spent a while helping everyone out before I went over Greyson house. I saw Orion, Ari walking out of the house. I talked with them then I walked over to Greyson who was just standing there. He turned around and walked inside of the house. I followed him and I found holding something on each of his hands. In one hand was a red box. In the other was a blue box.

"I'm sorry the ones that you got where destroyed but these are for you. The one in red is from Keandra." I opened the box and the first thing I saw inside was a scarf.

It was a dark blue. Something else was attached to the scarf.

"I know it's hot out right now, but you've been looking at this for a while now. So I decided to get this for you." I smiled and wrapped the scarf around my neck.

There was something else inside Keandra's present. Two pieces of paper there was writing in back. I covered my mouth and tried to stop myself from crying.

"It mother's and father's Arts." Greyson leaned over my shoulder.

"Oh aren't those are the ones that not even you were able to learn." He said with a smile.

"This wasn't supposed to be for me. It was meant for Keandra." I tried to hand over the papers back but Greyson didn't accept.

"If you want my opinion Lina and George would've want you to have it. Keandra's fighting style wouldn't be able to make as much use of this as you will be able to. It would be better for you to hold on to them." He said.

"Speaking of your parents. This present was from them. They told me to give it to you when you were ready. Since there is nothing else I can teach you. I believe you're ready." I wiped my eyes and opened the present.