Chapter 6: Hellos and Goodbyes

I patted their shoulders as I slowly stood on my own. I staggered back and almost fell again but I managed to stand. I lifted up my hand and smiled as Aegis and Asurmaru were ready to catch me again. I felt a blade cut through the skin of my back. The final strike was a sword that pierce through my stomach. I turned my head around to see how it was as I fell to my knees. Again. I completely forgot about the Shapeshifter who was still a sword and the Restless Knight who both had a hole in their chestplate.

Aegis and Asurmaru slowly walked behind me and I saw them lift their hands at them. I looked away and the sound of an explosion came from behind. The force was powerful. I looked behind me again. There was a huge crater on the ground.

"Don't you guys think you went a little too far?" They turned around.

"We did kill them though."

"Yes but did you have to put an actual crater in the ground." I suddenly felt my strength returning to me and the pain of my wounds dying down.

"Your one to talk," Aegis huffed as she looked away.

"Hmm. Are my eyes still silver," I asked.

"Well they were a moment ago but now their red," Asurmaru answered.

"Thanks. Just try not to push yourself to hard," I said.

I started to wonder and make sense of what Joseph said to me. I shook my head and looked at my body. I covered in cuts, bruises and blood from my wounds. I picked myself up and lowered the wall that used to block the entrance. I could feel a small breeze from the opening. I called for Storm and waited. I could hear the sound of horse hoofs stomping on the ground, Storm stepped into the light and stopped in front of me. His gaze was fixated on Aegis and Asurmaru.

"Don't worry you can trust them." I mounted Storm.

Aegis and Asurmaru followed. Storm turned around and started running into the darkness. Even though I could barely see what was up ahead, Storm had no problem finding his way out of the cave. At the cave entrance the King and princesses were waiting.

"What are you doing here?" I pulled back Storm's reins.

"We are waiting for someone." answered the King, "More importantly, what about you? There's bloodstains on your clothes and blood is dripping down your arm."

I looked at our surroundings. I noticed something moving up on the trees.

"I am fine. But this really isn't a good spot to wait around." Princess Angel stood up straight.

"What's that supposed to mean?" Asurmaru jumped off of Storm, Aegis did the same.

They casted a spell and the heads of monsters fell in front of me.

"Bet you didn't sense their presence did you?" Princess Angel looked at her feet.

"Well I know someone who lives in the mountains over there. It's closer than the nearest village. You guys can wait there until this someone comes get you if they don't find you I'll escort you back to the capital." Wings came out from Aegis and Asurmaru's back.

They hovered next to me. "My king you'll ride with me. You three will be carried by them." I pointed at Aegis and Asurmaru.

"They aren't human are they," The king calmly asked.

"No they aren't." I pointed over at Aegis, "Her name is Aegis and she is an Angel." I pointed at Asurmaru, "Her name is Asurmaru and she's a demon."

Asurmaru picked up Princess Vivienne and Princess Angel. I worried for Asurmaru. I told her not to push herself but she's doing it anyways.