Chapter 16: Astral Beings from Within

We went to the hole the two boys went inside of. My vision went blurry for a second. I shook my head and peaked inside as it cleared up. There was no one in sight. We walked inside and the only light coming in was from the holes in the wall and shattered windows. We stayed closed to one another and kept out guards up, our hands close to the grips of our swords.

"Can't you tell where it is?" I shook my head.

"Everything is too hazy to tell. We just have to keep on going like this." I opened multiple doors on my side and Nolan did the same on his.

We moved deeper into the mansion and it grew darker and darker.

I can't use Asurmaru's power. Well at least not with Nolan here. I don't know how he'll feel about it, I grabbed my left hand.

We opened another door.

"There's two lanterns here. They still got some oil in them. Lucky us." The lanterns lit up on their own and we just shrugged it off.

We took one each. We drew the blades that my father gave us.

"Hey isn't it a bad idea we are holding lanterns in the dark?"

"You're definitely right. But then again we can't see in the dark and we don't know our way through here," I answered him.

Eventually we reached a large staircase. I was able to sense the source up the stairs. My vision blurred again and everything froze. I couldn't move and everything started to fade away. I forced my eyes open and the mansion was now destroyed. Elijah was gasping for air. Lucas was over with Nolan who seemed to be unconscious. I looked behind me. A girl,about my age, was lying on the floor. I got up and tried to walk but collapsed.

"Oh yeah. I dislocated my right shoulder and my left leg is broken." I popped my shoulder back in place before getting up to hop over to get to the girl

The girl opened her eyes and turned her head towards me. I set myself down gently next to the girl.

"What's your name?" I asked with a smile.

"Yedda." I winced from my injuries.

"I am sorry." I looked back at her.

"Why?" I asked.

"I hurt all of you. Even my own brothers didn't I?"

I shook my head.

"Your brothers wanted to save you. But if it's me and Nolan that your concerned about then don't worry. We faced worse," I said, "Besides now I know that it's possible."

"What?"

I looked at the sky, "Don't worry about."

Everything froze again. My view point changed. I was behind a pile of rubble. I also felt a bit taller. I looked at a puddle and I looked much older. My memory came back to me.

"That's right I passed out. But what's going on. I was just living in my past self." I walked over to my younger self and young Yedda.

I heard a giggle. I looked around and saw a girl moving extremely fast from large amounts of rubble to another. I followed her in circles until I decided to climb on top of the rubble to get a look around. I only noticed a single set of footprints and they weren't mine. I got down from the rubble and I didn't have any weapons so I tired picking up a rock and changing its form but I was unable to do both.

"Who is this girl? What is this place?" I asked myself again.

"Hey!" I called out as I saw the girl move behind the building.