Chapter 33: Spar

I woke up in the prison bed again. Selene and Leana weren't anywhere to be seen. I got up and looked at Ezekiel.

"It seems our connection was cut out the last we met, before we could tell you anything else." He said.

"Connection? So it wasn't a time limit. Well that does make sense since our meetings weren't always the same." I thought to myself.

"Where is Selene and Leana?" I asked.

"Don't you want to know about the connection? You did think it was a time limit at first after all." He smiled.

"Okay...what is this connection then?" I repeated.

"You see you are a bit different from the other guests I had but I have already told you that in a way. It takes a lot of energy to even contact you or even bring you here." He answered.

"As for the whereabouts of Leana and Selene, those two decided to take a journey through you heart. Although I doubt even those two together will be able to get very far." I looked over at the prison bars.

"My heart? Does that mean I can escape this own prison?" Ezekiel nodded.

"But I wouldn't recommend it. If you try to escape your heart and mind will do everything to keep you from breaking free. As of now you aren't strong enough to complete the trials awaiting you." Ezekiel explained.

"That isn't what I am here to talk to you about so let's move on." He shifted his body. "

"The Archangel Uriel, correct?" Ezekiel nodded.

"If I remember Uriel was the Archangel of superhuman strength, speed, stamina, durability, reflexes, resilience, immortality, flight, invulnerable and more." Ezekiel nodded.

"That's his physiology but yes you could consider it his powers. Although you will not be getting these." Ezekiel smiled.

"Of course I am not." I sighed.

"Well to be honest those abilities would've been useless to you and would've ruined the game. Your own power altered it to something much greater than what it should have been." That caught my attention but when he said 'game' bugged me.

"Does that mean the gods who take over the Arch and Fallen angels did they receive their powers or were they altered as well." Ezekiel jumped off his desk.

"It seems you're a getting closer and farther at the same time. Interesting." He said.

"What does that mean?" He didn't answer.

"They stayed the same and their powers were never altered. Although luckily for you the ones you fought had no idea to use them correctly, the others might." His words continued to bug me.

I manage to shake it off.

"Does Mari know how to use it?" Ezekiel grinned.

"What makes you think that?" He asked.

"Mari was locked up and was contracted with Uriel. This was probably done so Epiales would become stronger than he already is." I explained.

"If Mari had Uriel still and did the ritual then Epiales would've been near to impossible to beat with the strength of an archangel and whatever Oizys has, including their own." I added.

"B-i-n-g-o!" He yelled, clapping.

"Uh...okay do you want to come back to what you were about to say?" Ezekiel bowed and returned to his seat.

"I let you name it this time. I still don't fully comprehend what Arts in this world are but this one takes the form of a sword or any weapon you wish. It can't be used as a normal sword. This blade can cut...or better yet split-" The alarm rang and once again everything faded away.