Chapter 36: Oizys

Start from the beginning

"Was she spying on us? So she might change her tactics."

I blocked her pike and shot a bullet into her right shoulder. Oizys backed up. Skylark came down and scratched her along her back.

She really isn't fighting back, I thought to myself as I shattered the crystals.

Few of the shattered pieces flew into the air. They started to being filled with anxiety. I managed to make some of them into a fate ball, the rest came at me over and over. When I destroyed one those pieces came at me, so I relied on dodging. Skylark kept Oizys busy with help from Asurmaru and Aegis. I found an opening and took it. I opened a dark corridor under my feet and closed it after I went through. I appeared in front of Oizys and cut her arm off. I moved behind her and touched her back with a fate ball. It exploded and sent her flying to the wall.

The impact lifted the dust into the air.

"Is that it?" Skylark asked.

I changed into a defensive stance.

"I only managed to cut off her right hand but she won't be able to use her pike as efficiently." The pieces that were chasing me fell to the ground.

"If she is as scary as you then her losing one arm is nothing." Skylark said.

"You know that really hurts a lot." Oizys voice came from the dust.

"Asher!" I looked up.

Nolan and Julie were standing next to Aegis and Asurmaru.

"We've handled the monsters well help you." Nolan said I shook my head.

"So in the end they were the same." The dust settled and Oizys had the same look on her face.

"Can you pass me my arm? I kind of need it." She pointed at her arm.

I didn't respond.

"Oh well." She charged at me.

I lunged at her but she slide under me.

I turned around and Oizys had her arm in her mouth.

"Shoot!" A voice yelled in my head.

Another crystal appeared and I pointed my gun at it. Oizys touched the crystal and disappeared.

I pulled the trigger but the crystal shot up before my bullet reached.

"Too late." The voice said before it went quiet.

"Tsk." I put my gun and sword away.

The elemental wall collapsed. Skylark returned to his pup form. I looked up at the sky.

"She escaped." I sighed.

"I'd call it that we drove her off." Skylark said.

"But she didn't put up much of a fight. If she really wanted Mari, you would think she put up more of a fight. Was there another reason of her coming?" I asked myself.

I picked up one of the crystals and inspected it.

"What is that?" Nolan asked.

"A crystal Oizys used. I shattered one previously when I talked with Peter. When I did a certain emotion came out of it." I answered.

"Try putting a fate ball in then." I nodded and created one then did as he said.

The crystal exploded and its shards entered my arms and legs. Blood trickled down onto the floor.

"Well great. I'm now losing blood." I said calmly as I stared at my wounds.

I pulled out my gun and forced my arm to summon Canneta.