Chapter 12: Tippleton

Start from the beginning

I picked up the present and opened it slowly. There was a locket and a letter. I opened the letter first. A wrinkled paper was inside and some of the ink was nearly washed off but the words remained readable.

"To my son, I have written to you in advance. Something is coming and it is most likely they are after you. I may not survive this but I will do whatever I can for you to survive. I hope someone finds you and will love you for us in our place. I wish we were able to live our lives normally and I would be the one to watch you grow up and become a fine man but fate is cruel. I know we will be able to see each other once again when the time is right. The locket I have left you is a precious heirloom. Tha ..." The rest of the page was torn.

I folded the paper and placed it in my pocket.

"Hey, was that?" Greyson nodded.

"Yes it was with you when we found you." I took out the locket and opened it.

Inside was a gemstone with an unfamiliar rune carved into it. I closed it and squeezed it in my hands.

"Well enough of this. I thought you were supposed to be at the concert soon. You know how she gets when you and Nolan don't show up." He smiled

"Yeah I know. I am going to make it but I wanted to retrieve any clothes that you know, didn't burn to ashes." Greyson picked up two wooden swords.

"Yeah I have some, but do you plan on leaving afterwards," He asked me.

"Thanks and no I don't. So is it alright if I stay here for the night? I have Alex reworking my swords," I answered.

"Why are you asking? Of course this is your house too you know. By the way would you care for a spar," He said as he tossed one of the wooden swords towards me.

I caught it and smiled. We walked outside and started sparing with one another. I won but it took a while. I walked up to Greyson and pulled him up. I handed the wooden sword back to him. We sat down inside of the house. I quickly cooked some food while Greyson prepared the drinks. I noticed I acciedently cooked for an extra person. I stared at the food until I heard Greyson calling for me. I quickly spread out the extra food evenly between me and Greyson and cleaned the dish before carrying our food out of the kitchen. I explained what happened after I left for the capital after Greyson as me after we began eating.

"So how much will it take to rebuild Tippleton and the other villages as well?" I asked after we finished eating.

"Well about 400,000 gold, but that's should be enough to get a really good start for every town and village that has been destroyed. We have only about 60,000 gold ourselves." I took out four bags of gold and handed it to him.

"Each bag has 100,000 gold." He opened one bag the closed. He rubbed his eyes and opened it again.

"It's all real. The king gave me this to me. I'm guessing he wants me to give this to you all."

"I guess this is what he meant. He's a good guy. Unlike his daughters. They were so nice before, what happened to them," I asked myself.

He gave me a confused look.

"Don't worry it's nothing to worry about," I responded as Greyson got up.

"Well you came here for something else right? You can tell me." He offered his hand and pulled me up.

"Clothes?" I responded.

"You sure?" I sighed.

"I wanted to know if my collection is okay." He shook his head.

"Whelp there goes that. Well how about if you can hand me one of your elixirs. I want to do my own thing for a bit but I need to watch the princesses." He smiled.