Chapter forty-four

~SUNHEE POV~

Removing the large needle from the centre of my heart I released a loud sigh of relief. I can now feel the adrenaline finally start pumping through my veins from my heart to give me that boost I need for the day.

Dropping the needle into the appropriate waste bin I cleaned myself up and buttoned up my shirt just to adjust my white coat and sit down on my desk chair. Leaning back and brushing my fingers long my hair.

I miss my love.

I think about him all the time.

Eyeing up the black stained tissues in my waste bin knowing it's only a matter of time I will just die and give out to my broken heart that has been this way for years.

The boys helped me, more like a distraction as I was theirs but they want nothing to do with me now because of my actions towards Y/n and to be honest I deserve that. I've not been very nice despite knowing that our deal of pleasuring one another wasn't forever. Y/n is a nice girl but my jealousy was too much. I've never been good with handling it.

In my thoughts I checked my watch knowing it's my break for the next half hour before I an appointment to attend to.

But when I heard a knock at the door I groaned and swung my neck to face the direction of the knock. I'm not expecting anyone and everyone has gone away on vacation so who else could be knocking on my door.

The knock became more harsh and louder which made me stand up and drag my feet towards the door and open it. Straight away the person pushed me inside and closed the door with a loud slam but I gasped to see who it was.

"What the hell are you doing here Ben?! GET OUT!"

I growled at him trying to keep my anger at bay and not let him know what I am as I know who he is when he's not a doctor.

Doctor by day, hunter by night.

"Oh shut up. I know what you are so you better keep your mouth shut if you don't want trouble." Ben

I shut my lips tightly and stepped back as he nods and chuckles seeing my reaction.

"That's right. I know you're a dragon and you're not the only one here. You're friends are too and they all hang around Y/n, which is why I've come to you." Ben

Stumbling back from him I found my chair again and rested my hand on the back to support myself to stand.

"I'm not friends with Y/n."

"But you are with Lisa and Eunha right? The other seven they live with you, also are very close to." Ben

Biting my lower lip I looked away from him. How can I deny any of that?

It's obvious I'm close with them all but not lately due to my stupid actions until I was taught a lesson.

"Yes they're my best friends but they don't know what I am."

Ben snorted at me, scrunching his nose up with disgust. He took out his sliver pen from his coat pocket on his chest, pressing the tip to show it's true form. That sparkling silver that shimmered from the lights above and the power that came off that sword sent my  body into alert just by the pure sight of it.

"Don't. Lie. To. Me." Ben

He pointed the tip towards me, glaring at me dangerously.

"I know they are dragons too just like you are which is why I know you will help me if you want me to not touch them with this." Ben

The man retracted the sword towards himself, holding it up and smoothing his finger across the sharp blade showing his admiration for the weapon.

"It's truly beautiful don't you think?" Ben

I shook my head, just feeling the death pouring from that sword. The souls of other dragons it has taken over the centuries was devastating to me.

"Aw come on now, don't be afraid. If you co-operate with me I wont use this on you." Ben

"What do you want?"

I squeaked out, trying to push my body far away from that thing as possible, rounding my chair to use the wall to support myself to stand. Ben's dark evil eyes bore into mine as he chuckled.

"Now we're getting somewhere. I want Y/n and I know you want those seven other assholes you crave attention from so badly, so I thought we could help each other out." Ben

I sighed.

Why does everyone like her so much?

I don't get it.

"I did want them but not anymore."

Looking down I felt hurt by my words because the once happy memories I had with them are no longer happy but sad ones.

"Aw, how come? Y/n getting in the way?" Ben

I nodded and ignored his cocky grin on his face. I know he enjoys the fact I was rejected. Even if neither of them held my heart, it was just a great source of pain relief and distraction to how I really felt.

"Well then, let's help each other. That way I get Y/n and you can get them too. You may even become closer with Eunha and Lisa again. Don't think I haven't noticed the distance between you all since Y/n came here because I have. I notice everything." Ben

" I don't know"

I mumbled towards him and he sighs heavily. Retracting his sword back into a pen and tucking it back in his white coat. Ben tsked at me, then walked over to stand in front of me eyes wondering up and down my body before he chuckles.

"You don't look so good Sun-hee. Getting weak here are we?" Ben

I nodded, pressing my body as far into the wall as I could but Ben just laughs at my misery and spins on his heels walking towards the door.

"Well since I'm in a good mood this afternoon. I give you until tomorrow to think about my offer otherwise I'll be forced to take you down with them all and trust me when I say, I know how to make it look like an accident." Ben

He clicked his fingers at me, opening the door but took one last look over his shoulder towards me before he let out a laugh, walked out and slammed the door behind him. As soon as that door closed I slumped down to the floor and curled up with my arms around my knees.

I can't betray my own kind. We have a unspoken rule about working with hunters and I may as well be dead if I say yes to Ben but either way, I'm dead already.

I don't know what to do.

I don't want to eat, I don't want to do anything but stay in my chair and stare at nothing.