𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗢𝗻𝗲

The loud noise coming from the machine ended the intense silence inside the room and you froze up in fear and despair. The other doctor beside you cleared his throat, "The operation failed, Masakazu Akira is declared dead at exactly 5:23 in the afternoon."

You closed your eyes, taking a deep breath as you clench your hand covered with the bloodied surgical gloves. 'This... This is the first time...' you shake your head, looking at the others inside the room, "I'll explain everything to the patient's family. Please take care of everything." they nod, speechless and guilty as well from the loss.

Despite that, you couldn't blame them. Quite a few of those in charge of this surgery were inexperienced, only you and two others only had experience with this. In other words, you were to blame as well. You opened the door of the room and exited, closing it gently as you take off your surgical mask, facing the worried family members of the patient.

"I am sorry."

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

A sigh escapes your lips, clenching your hands on the metal railing on the rooftop of the hospital. Looking over to the surrounding area of the place was always the only thing that could calm you down, though, it's not like you could easily get over such a huge incident so easily just by standing here and enjoying the view.

You grab your phone from the pocket of your white coat before sighing once more. "I'm really unlucky every 4th of July... I think last year my house got robbed and almost everything valuable was stolen... It was fine but today, I had to lose a patient..." a frown formed on your lips, closing your eyes as you take a deep breath.

"Masakazu Akira... That name sounds familiar but..."

'I'm sorry...'

Your phone suddenly vibrated, you raised your hand and looked at it. You've received a message from your assistant, it seems like the hospital director wanted to have a talk with you. "Hah, scary..." You placed your phone inside your pocket once again and turned around to head back inside.

Pulling the door open, you closed your eyes and frowned. You've already expected what you were going to get, scolding and some words of reassurance. 'But since this is the first time, the director might let me off hook easily though...'

You opened your eyes once again, however, only darkness could be seen. "Wh-!" you flinched, there's a gag on your mouth that prevented you from speaking. 'What the hell is happening...?!'

"Ah, seems like the rat's awake."

"Hah, you've given a lot of trouble, seriously..."

The blindfold was pulled and your bangs fell back down and your eyes difficultly adjusted to the bright light. There are three men in front of you and another two behind you. Unknown people. Or maybe not so unknown, you recognize their clothing however it's been years already.

You lowered your head and saw your middle school uniform. 'What...?' your blood went cold as you got a bit of a grasp of what kind of situation you are in right now. 'More than ten years ago, wasn't it?' You have dealt with this kind of situation too frequently in the past that this is already normal but,

'Just which year am I right now?!'

You straight-up looked at your kidnappers, glaring at them intensely, enough to make them flinch.

'I've read a lot of manga about time travel, no, this seems more like a time leap. I didn't expect that I would experience it myself...' The gag on your mouth was pulled out and you coughed, your throat was dry indicating that it's already been a few hours since you've been kidnapped.