Chapter 37

Arthit's POV

8 Months later.. here I am sitting along with my family and friends as P'Kong is giving birth to our babies.. I could not help but reminisce who all these month were after our marriage..

Past:

Since the day P'Kong has announced that he was pregnant.. None of us took any chances.. we made sure that he would be healthy and also in a good mood..  He continued his work for another month in the company.. 

All the employees were actively helping him from time to time and also made sure that he would have his food and medicines from time to time. Dad was also going to the company regularly. Along with all these.. P'Wayo was also conducting tests every 2-3 weeks making sure that everything was fine.

I still remember the first time P'Kong craved for something.. He asked me for chocolate, chocolate ice-cream and a chocolate cake. He was never a fan of sweet things.. So I asked him if something was wrong that he wants to eat. He immediately got tears in his eyes.. I did not understand what happened.. he started crying say that I don't love him anymore and that is why I was not buying him those things.

I tried to sooth him but he did not even let me come near him.. that was how my Mom, Dae and Ma found us.. He immediately complained to them crying very hard.. Dae pulled me aside letting Ma and Mom talk to him. He cooled down when they promised to let him have all he wants.. After that Mom made him relax on the bed and Dae sat down saying the stories at university. 

My Ma pulled out of the room and gave me and earful.. Then she explained that those were cravings which pregnant people would have.. those are what the child inside would wish to have.. and also warned me about them being more sensitive.. like crying over small things.. 

That day.. Along with the food he craved for.. I bought his favorite flowers as well as a stuff teddy.. I went in and called him hiding myself behind the teddy.. He looked in my direction.. he soon smiled widely seeing the teddy.. 

I peeped out from behind teddy and asked him to forgive me.. and also said that I loved him. He smiled widely and hugged along with the teddy in between. After that he arranged the flowers on the table and asked me to feed him.. 

That was my very first experience with cravings and Pregnancy tantrums. After that.. with the help of my father's training and their experience.. I managed to learn things.. 

After 3 months.. During the ultrasound.. P'Wayo gave us the best surprise.. P'Kong was carrying twins.. healthy twins who had dimples.. but their gender was not yet clear. That day both our families jumped upon receiving the news.. We also announced it to our friends who visited us and they also bought what P'Kong usually craves for.. mostly sweets.

Now P'Kong started working from home.. that to at his comfortable pace. A small bump was now visible.. When ever we greet him.. he even asks to great the babies inside as P'Wayo said that they would hear a bit.. It became our habit to treat like that.. 

After a month.. P'Wayo said the gender of the babies can be told now.. but I stopped him from telling as I wanted to organize a baby shower.. All our friends divided into two teams based on our guess about the gender of the baby... Everyone chose that both will either be a boy or girl.. except for me, Dae, and P'Kong.. 

You want to ask me why..? Because it was P'Kong's instinct... and he trusted it firmly.. the only condition was.. who ever looses will me drowned in color water.. Not wanting to get P'Kong angry I and Dae silently accepted what he said.. but both of us know that we also had a choice.. Dae told me that he thinks it will be both baby girls.. but I thought it would be both baby boys.

But on the day of Baby shower.. we were glad that we followed P'Kong because we were having a baby girl and a baby boy.. I and Dae along with P'Kong laughed as everyone splashed water on eachother.. but unfortunately... our parents heard what we talked and also pulled us to splash water on us.. 

After that everyone started giving gifts.. Seeing those.. All we could say was.. there is nothing for us to buy.. because.. toys, baby food, dresses, shoes.. cute caps, games, diapers.. soft bedsheet and even a cradle for twins.. All we were left to do was to think of names for them.. 

Whenever we were selecting the names.. we would end up fighting.. finally we had two names for the baby boy in our mind.. For baby girl P'Kong suggested Chanthira while I said Lawan.. As for boys name.. P'Kong suggested Atid.. while I suggested Krist..

The days went on.. I and P'Kong along with Dae managed to design the baby room in both our houses and also Condo.. we chose blue shades which would suit both girl and a boy.. also it will be a pleasant shade.

The time when P'Kong used to get Braxton hicks.. he would just relax in the water while leaning on to my chest for him to relax.. he started clinging on to me more and also started showing his love for me more openly.. Dae and my parents used to record some moment for us.. especially when P'Kong talks to the babies while leaning on to me in front of the TV. 

Present

I came out of the trance when I heard the sound of the door opening.. All of us immediately stood up.. 
"P'Wayo.. how is he.?" I asked as soon as I saw P'Wayo came out.. 
"He is fine.. but is still sleeping.. And both your babies are also healthy." P'Wayo said.

"Can we see them..?" I asked him. I asked with tears pooling in my eyes.. I still hear how P'Kong was screaming in pain.. How his eyes were tearing up.. how he clutched to saying it was hurting.. I felt helpless.. 
"You will see them soon.. wait for few minutes... We will get them clean and bring them here. Till then stay by Kong.. he would wake up soon." P'Wayo said. Soon Nai, Yong, Gun and Tae came along with Dae.. they were in the class. They came along with P'Forth and others.

"Dad.. who is Pa.. they are fine right..?" Dae asked as soon as he reached. I hugged him.
"Your Pa is fine Dae.. and your siblings also.. Now relax Elder Brother." I said.. I felt him relaxing. 

All of us went inside.. the room P'Kong was shifted was very big one.. All of us sat around.. leaving space around P'Kong.. Only I and Dae sat beside him on either side. I saw P'Kong gaining his conscious.. I held his hand while Dae bought a glass of water.. 

He slowly opened his eyes and saw around.. everyone of us gave a warm smile to him.. Dae helped him to drink some water, after I helped him to lean to the headboard. 

"Oon.. where are the babies.. they are safe right..? P'Kong asked almost panicking.. I immediately hugged him from side..
"P.. Love.. relax.. they are fine.. P'Wayo went to clean them.." I assured him. Our parents also nodded when he looked at them. Our friends also were smiling at us.

After few minutes.. P'Wayo bought out two babies inside.. 
"Kong.. Arthit.. Dae.. this is the eldest of two.. baby boy." He said while giving us the baby. P'Kong held him.. He was so similar to me.. except for his smile which was similar to P'Kong but was having dimples.

"And this is your little princess.. The youngest girl." P'Wayo said giving us baby girl. She was really cute.. she was having P'Kong's eyes.. and smile. I can see that though Dae was enjoying the moment something is running in his mind.. which I guess P'Kong understood. He gave the baby boy to me while baby girl to Ma.. 

He made Dae sit near him and hugged him.. Dae just hugged back normally.. which means he surely is thinking.. 

"DaeDae.. just because you don't look like us or just because you are not our genes.. or just because we have our own kids now.. you will never be any less to any of us here.. you are still my son.. my eldest son DaeDae.. also.. what will happened if you don't look like us.. everyone now can say that you are our son just looking at you attitude... Now stop that idiot mind of yours from thinking more and take up your elder brother duties.. " P'Kong said with a calm voice. All of us smiled as Dae started nodding his head while holding P''Kong tightly.

"I love you Pa.. I am sorry.. It's just.. Seeing them so similar to you and Dad.. I could not stop myself from thinking.." He said.
"I love you too Dae.. And you will always be my son even when you will have your own child.. so don't think much.. for now.. let us look after your siblings..

I took a look at our babies again.. I could not help but accept the names P'Kong suggested as baby boy was similar to me.. while baby girl was similar to P'Kong.. 

"P'Kong.. let us go with the names you suggested.. they are perfect to them." I said as I saw the baby girl..
"What are the names..?" All of them exclaimed together.. I, P'Kong and Dae chuckled at their reaction. P'Kong asked Dae to introduce them.

"Everyone.. meet my younger brother.. Atid.. our little sun.." He said as he took Atid into his hands.. He showed them to everyone.. and then gave him to P'Kong.. 

"Now meet my youngest sister.. Chanthira.. our little moon." He said as he took his little sister.. he did not let any one touch saying she was his sister.. We laughed at him.

"Kong you chose the perfect names.. little moon is more like you though she has Arthit's features.. and our little sun is exactly like Arthit.. they take after your names.. who have Dae- The beautiful brother.." Ma and Mom said.. We laughed seeing Dae blush.. 

(Note : From what I searched Dae means 'Graceful Beauty' or 'Greatness'. I hope I am not wrong.)

That day.. everyone of us returned home.. we made sure that the babies were fed properly and were safely sleeping.. All our friends looked at them for a nice minute before leaving. I and P'Kong spent our time looking at them while I was hugging P'Kong from back.

"I love you P." I said feeling emotional.
"I love you too Oon.." he said and kissed me as he turned around.

This all I could ask for.. But the next moment.. our little sun started crying reminding us of our duties.. He held to P'Kong as soon as he took him and stopped crying.. I immediately understood that he was going to be another Pa's boy. I chuckled at my thought but still joining P'Kong to play with our little sun.