Chapter 29

Dae's POV

Next day the classes went on as usual with some argument with Khofang and the teachers. But we did not care about it much. In lunch break I and Tantum reserved a table for us. She seemed pretty decent and to talk freely with.

"Mm Dae.. do you think we will make it.?" She asked me.
"Don't worry Tantum.. winning or loosing is not in our hands.. we will just give our best and leave the result in the hands of judges and audience." I said.

"Dae.. you are really becoming like Kong." I heard a voice from behind and turned. It was P'Prae, P'Yuri and my Dad who were smiling widely. We wai'ed to them. They asked us to get our lunch. Dad also bought food for Pa meaning that he will soon be here. We went to the table and sat down. 

I saw Pa coming along with four others. They got seated in our table.
"So Dae and Tantum.. they are Frame and Pang from medical department.. you four will be performing together." Pa said. We introduced ourselves to them. Later he introduced us to the medical department seniors who were going to supervise their moon and star.

We had our lunch talking about our various hobbies. I did not understand why we were talking about hobbies but I did tell my hobbies because I was pretty sure that there would be a reason.

"So what do you four think about dancing.?" Pa asked. To be frank I love to dance. So we looked at eachother.
"We are okay with dancing." We said together.

"So what about performing a dance. We will help you in selecting the song and also in choreography. Each performance is about 4 minutes.. What do you four say.?" Pa asked.
"We are good with the idea." I said while others nodded.

We spoke for the whole lunch break about various songs.. Pa and P'Prae were listing some songs. Also the medical department seniors were suggesting and looking into the songs. 

"So guys.. I want you all to keep it a secret that your going to dance." P'Prae said.
"Khab P." 
"And about song.. Mm.. we will let you know by today evening.. you can start your practice from tomorrow.. we will arrange the place for you all." Dad said and we nodded.

"Dae.. today you will have to wait for me and Arthit after classes.. we will be in a meeting. We will go after that." Pa said after the medical department people went.
"Okay.. I will be in the library." I said and I and Tantum bid our bye to them.

Arthit's POV

"P.. When will you reach here.?" I asked after the medical team, Dae and Tantum left..
"I will be here around 4:30 P.M. I guess.. it should not be a problem." P'Kong replied. I hugged him.. I did not feel like letting him go.. I don't know why.. So I just hugged him.
"Kong.. see you at meeting then.. I hope at least this year we can find someone who can beat your popularity." P'Prae teased a little while leaving with Yuri.

"Love.. I don't wanna let you go." I said still hugging him.
"Oon you have class." He whispered but still returning the hug.
"Take care love.. I will miss you." I said while letting go of the hug and kissing his cheek. He playfully hit my shoulder. But to my shock he murmured 'Miss you and Love you' after that he gave a peck and ran away before I could speak. I was in shock but I came out of it when I hears squeals around me. I could not help but smile widely while going to class.

The whole class I had to bite my lips from inside to stop myself from smiling like an idiot. After class I went to canteen where P'Kong was already waiting with my drink. I went and hugged him from behind earning a smack on my head. I pouted but soon smiled seeing him blush. P'Prae and Yuri were near the office. We went towards the office.

"Kong.. I guess they are going to drop a big bomb now." P'Prae said. I could not say no to it.
"Whatever it is.. I am pretty sure we can't say No to that.. let us try doing it." P'Kong said and leaned onto me while I hugged him from side. We were called inside..

We greeted everyone inside. All of us were shocked to see the judges also here. We expected a bomb.. but seeing them and their smile.. I felt it is something more. We took the seat as they asked us to.

"So Kong and Prae.. you are still the popular Moon and Star.. especially you Kong.. but after you revealed your mates.. your both couples are also shipped by many people.. Am I right.?" The dean said. And we all nodded.

"This year we want some change in organizing the freshy event. Normally it would have been Kong and Prae who would be hosting the event.. but we want to make some changes." One the judge said.
"What is it sir.?" P'Kong asked.

"At first.. you both will get on the stage as host.. but we want you to talk a bit while Kong will let Prae and Yuri for hosting." Dean said. And then stopped looking at us before continuing.

"And Kong and Arthit.. you both will have to perform 3 songs along with dancing. Opening with 2 songs and closing with one song." Judge continued what dean was saying. 
"What.." I and P'Kong exclaimed together.. but immediately apologized.

"Sir.. I can manage singing but dancing I don't think so sir." P'Kong said. I know he really is not a fan of dancing.
"Please Kong.. also this will the last year you and Prae will be here.. And we kind of have sponsors for continuing our SOTUS tradition.. It will really help a lot Kong so please.." Dean explained while pleading. 

I can see P'Kong in deep thought.. I am sure he trying to say okay as he respect SOTUS system a lot. 
"Sir.. who are the sponsors." P'Prae asked.
"Mm They are Jaturapoom's and Vongviphan's." He replied. It instantly clicked me.. P'Forth and P'Beam. If they are sponsoring it will be a good thing.. and it will be a huge support to the college funds. Also the faculty always faces problem with SOTUS funds.

"Okay sir, we will do it." P'Kong said. I also nodded.
"Kong.. there is only one thing we want to tell about performance.. We hope that the first two opening songs will be a little fast.. while the closing I guess it would good if it is a little slow and romantic." Another Judge said.

"Also Kong.. there will be four to six dancers who will be dancing with you both like behind you, while you both will be singing as well as dancing." Dean said. We nodded again.
"When can we meet them sir.?" P'Kong asked.
"Tomorrow.. I will let them meet you in the evening." Dean replied.
"Okay sir.. we will finalize the songs by then and be ready." P'Kong replied.

"You can leave now.. Thank you so much Kong and Please let this be a secret.. no one other than us should know." Dean said dismissing us. We all nodded and walked out.

"So Kong.. What are you planning to do..?" P'Prae asked.
"I don't know.. as of now.. we need to meet Dae, Tantum, Frame and Pang.. they must be waiting." He said.
"P'.. have you thought of the song.?" Yuri asked. He nodded.
"I am thinking they can perform on 'Oh Nana' song.. it would suit all the four. Also the song is not so fast not too slow.. It will be easy for them to choreograph." He said. He really made a nice choice. We also felt it was a good choice.

We met them.. we told them about the song.. and they seem to be good with the choice. They started listening to the song and seeing multiple videos where they danced for this song. There is exactly 1 week left.. we need to help them and also practice for our performance.. We need to learn the lyrics and practice the performance with those dancers also.. I was not able to come up with any excuse to give to Dae. 

P'Kong was lost in thoughts.. I guess he is thinking about the same thing.. I went and sat beside him.
"P.. are you thinking for an excuse." I whispered in his ears. He nodded saying Yes.
"Why don't we say that it is related to hosting." He whispered. I nodded saying okay.
"I will tell Prae and Yuri about this.. so that they can cover up if anything happens." He added. 
"And about the songs.?" I asked.
"What about 'Door, Air and a good day' along with 'I Love You Deeply' for the opening.?" P'Kong asked. 
"Why do you want those songs.?" I asked.
"Mm.. we both of us kind of know the lyrics of the songs also.. they are a fast song.. we can sing and dance.. also since we are asked to perform as couple.. I guess these will be good." He whispered. I stopped myself from kissing him as he was blushing when he said couple performance.

"Then about the ending song.. let us perform 'A Dance on the Night of a Full Moon' also we will have some background arranged." I said. He nodded shyly.

After that we helped them a little in choreography. Most of it was done by Dae and Frame. They are coordinating pretty well especially since it is the first day.

The week went by.. We practiced our dance performance.. without being caught by anyone. P'Prae and Yuri also don't know about the songs.. It is only we both and the four performers. They were understanding us and helping us which we were thankful for.

Tomorrow is the day.. both of us are having two costumes.. Actually P'Kong has three as he needs to be on stage while announcing the result. He chose a formal yet classic black dress.

Dae, Frame, Tantum and Pang also chose complete black dresses.. they were all looking very good in that. P'Prae selected a Lavender and white shade dress while Yuri selected a Sky blue and white combination dress.

Mine and P'Kong's performance dresses were kept hidden. And today is D-Day.. Dae has been nervous.. but we got him ready and made him sit in the place allotted for the performers in the front row. After that P'Kong rushed to get ready.. He wore the first performance dress and got ready as the performance will be immediately after he hands over to Yuri. I hugged him as I was getting nervous.. I could feel him also tensed.. 

P'Prae came and called P'Kong as it was time to get on the stage.