💌 Chapter Twenty Seven 💌

Magsimula sa umpisa

You gave up your attempt to work in one of your assignment. Setting your pen down the table, you arched an eyebrow as you asked in disbelief to him, "You really don't listen to a word I say, do you, Jaycenzo?"

"Jaycenzo plus Dumbo? Good combination for a rom-com movie, indeed", he grinned, tilting his head to the side, sensing your levelling up annoyance. "I listened to every words that leaves those already contaminated lips of yours", he shrugged. "But whether I take them into an account when we should be talking about your issue is another matter altogether"

You looked out of the window facing the green houses where some first years is carrying the seedlings with a sigh, and you would rather be outside than to play hide-n-seek with Jay from his consistent questions.

After a short while, you gave in to him for he was the only person you can share it with. "It's about you and Jake. I'm protecting the two of you from Yana", before he could cut in, you raised a hand to cover his mouth to stop him. "She wants you to display as her boyfriend, and all the while, shy to introduce Heeseung to her parents for not being so rich like her"

His lips parted in shock before he regained his composure. "You mean that? You'll be willing to put us first before yourself?", Jay let out a stressing gasp as he rubbed a hand in his face. "You're certainly more dumb than I thought. Or is that because of that Jungwon who didn't even deserve -"

"Don't bring him into this please", you pleaded, hiding your face behind your hand and you actually recognized that he was right about you being dumb. "You know how I feel about him, is it?"

Jay's eyes narrowed - and you realized then what you should have sooner - he was much more observant than you originally thought. "I know what you're doing and it's not going to work", he said with a shake of his head. "You're not even willing to tell me about it first before deciding to that kind of choice?"

You sighed at the thought of returning to the conversation about what happened earlier in the morning and you felt drained from what's happening. It's like there's no rest at all. And there was the issue of hiding the bracelet even from Jay himself.

You felt so troubled you barely notice it when he stopped asking. Instead, he just waited patiently, tapping his hand in the table. At last, he asked, "Tell me what's your kind of ideal guy? That's easier to answer at least"

Taken aback by his kind of question, his voice was quiet yet confident and his eyes were locked into yours as you felt both of his hand rubbed to yours, soothing your nerves.

"At first, I thought the gentle ones like Jake when I first met him back then at Dwight", you paused, looking closely at Jay who leaned in to lay down his head atop yours. "But now I'm confused. Maybe for a change I like the one who's not rushing me into anything I wasn't comfortable of"

He gave you a crooked grin, "Why do I have a feeling it sounds just like me?", he insisted meeting your gaze head on, "But there is something I can tell about you. You know that I am correct and yet you were incredibly scared of actually getting the chance to like me too", he looked away for a second as he bite his lips. "It terrifies you that you might forget that Jungwon, that you might actually fall for me if you gave yourself the chance"

"Well, we can't all be brave like you. I am just a coward", you muttered, looking away from him to clear your throat. Sitting up straight, you looked back up to him with almost a bothered look, "Look, Jay, can you please like, leave me to my thoughts for a while?"