Jungwoo

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The smoke & heat from the flames surrounding me caused me to cough viciously . I banged on the windows of my room , signaling to the firefighters that I was still up here . I seen the door to the room I was in bust open before I passed out on the wooden floor .

When I woke up , there were wires attached to my body & an oxygen mask on my face . The doctor smiled at me when he entered the cold room.

After a thorough discussion with the doctor , I quickly remembered why I was in the hospital in the first place . The next few days consisted of me doing my college zoom classes in a hospital bed .

Finally , I was released & coincidentally moved into a new apartment right next door to the fire department that saved me.

I started doing daily runs to get my mind off the trauma that was practically eating me alive. One day , I bumped into one of the firefighters. He helped me up from the sidewalk - pausing for a moment.

" Were you in that burning building on 4th street ."? The firefighter asked. I nodded my head yes wondering where this conversation was going.

"I'm the firefighter who pulled you out of the building . I'm Jungwoo". He introduced .

"I'm y/n. Thank you by the way . " I replied smiling . An awkward silence fell over us , which caused him to laugh .

"Would you be willing to go on a date with me"? He asked , leaning back on the heels of his feet .

"Sure . " I answered . A huge smile appeared on his face as he took a random piece of paper out his pocket & wrote his number down .

"I'll see you at seven tonight". Jungwoo  exclaimed , running back to the fire station.

I smiled to myself the whole way home.