[chapter 123]

Quill snapped and started pistol-whipping Thanos thrice in the face, causing Mantis to let go in pain. Georgiana cursed under her breath and sent a dust wave at Quill with one hand, easing on Thanos' arm for a second.

"Hey, stop!" Tony jumped in when the man got back on his feet. "Hey, stop! Stop! Hey, stop! Stop!"

"It's coming! It's coming! It's coming!" Peter exclaimed, getting the fingers completely loose. "I got it! I got it-"

Before he could finish his sentence, Thanos woke completely, now well and truly furious. He head-butted Mantis, grabbing the cuff of the gauntlet just as it was sliding off his hand causing Peter to stumble back and then throwing Mantis away off his shoulders.

Peter rushed into the woman's aid as Thanos kicked Drax off his right leg and into Nebula and Quill, knocking them down. He yanked on the crimson bands holding his right hand with hardened moon dust to throw Strange and Georgiana far away. With a groan, Georgiana rolled on her side and saw Thanos using the stones to bring down the moon on Tony.

"Tony!" Georgiana exclaimed as the debris started falling as a dangerous speed on the man. "Please work."

Georgiana jumped on Tony, feeling the power of the moon the more it got closer to them. She felt an electrical surge in her as she held her arms up before a large chunk of moon about the size of a baseball field could crash into them. Letting out a scream, Georgiana felt the tips of her fingers tingle as she realized she was turning the pieces of the moon into dust before it could reach them. Tony sat up in shock, realizing their surroundings were being crushed, only the small bubble they were in staying unharmed.

"Georgie!" Tony exclaimed hearing her cries as tears streamed down her face but she didn't let go. "Let go, I got you."

"I did it?" Georgiana breathed out looking with wide eyes as she felt herself drain. "I did it."

"Yeah." Tony replied pride shining in his eyes. "Now, let go."

Georgiana slowly opened her eyes and felt too drained to lift her arms. Finally managing to lift her head, she saw Tony fighting with Thanos, alone. She helplessly watched as he formed a short sword which was easily caught by Thanos who snapped it off clean and drove it through Tony's left side.

"Tony..." Georgiana breathed out, trying to find the energy in her to get up as tears rolled down her cheeks.

Thanos walked Tony back until he sat and placed the gauntlet almost comfortingly on Tony's head. She couldn't hear what Thanos was saying but guessed it wasn't anything good. Her mind screamed when Thanos raised the gauntlet, closing his fist, all four Stones glowing, ready to send a final blow at Tony.

"Stop!" Strange exclaimed sitting up and sounding entirely damaged. "Spare his life... and I will give you the stone."

"No tricks." Thanos shot back and Georgiana saw Strange shaking his head.

"Don't!" Tony panted when Strange reached up and plucked the Time Stone out of its hiding place in the stars.

He opened his hand, the scars on his fingers and their inherent trembling particularly obvious now and the Stone floated to Thanos' bare hand. They all watched him intently as he took the Stone and dropped it into the thumb setting, the energy pulse making the Titan wince.

"One to go." Thanos stated as an energy blast hit the gauntlet right in the empty Mind Stone setting and he grimaced in surprise.

Georgiana took in a shaky breath and staggered on her feet as Quill fired with both hands and flew straight for Thanos, screaming in incoherent rage. Thanos not even bothered responding to the assault, just opened a portal and left as Georgiana reached Tony.

"Where is he?!" Quill asked with wide eyes as Tony stitched up his stab wound as well as he can with his suit functions, having no breath for answers. "Did we just lose?"

Georgiana put a hand on Tony's shoulder and looked at him to make sure he would be okay. Tony slowly nodded at her and Georgiana narrowed her eyes with rage, sending a large blast at Quill which threw me man couple feet away.

"This is all because of you!" She shouted in fury. "You made us lose!"

"Georgie..." Tony put a hand on hers to calm her down, knowing there was no use in taking her anger out on Quill now. Georgiana took in a shaky breath and collapsed next to Tony, resting against his leg as the man turned to Strange with a frown. "Why would you do that?"

"We're in the endgame now."