[chapter 121]

Evelyn felt herself drain as she never once stopped her assault. She knew her powers would drain her at some point but she didn't expect it to be soon. She saw Rhodey go down with a huge hammer as he was pouring ammunition into the flood of aliens and swooped to help him. Being distracted, one of the aliens jumped on her but thankfully got burned by her wings and only managed to scrape her arms.

Looking at the field, her eyes caught sight of Bucky on the ground with at least five Outriders on him as he struggled to kill all of them. Forging a sword, she quickly swooped down and cut all of them in half. Landing with a pant, she held out her hand to him and pulled him on his feet.

"Thanks." Bucky breathed out with a smile before picking up his gun.

"Anytime." Evelyn smiled back and flew up again.

Feeling weight on her, she looked down and saw three Outriders trying to pull her down. Momentarily closing her wings to fall down on them, she let out the largest flare she could with a small cry and burned all the Outriders surrounding her. With a pant, she looked around and saw Steve and T'Challa being pinned down by the Outriders like many other. Then the Hulkbuster got dogpiled and pinned and Evelyn got ready to help them right before something smashed into her side making her cry out in shock and pain.

"There's too many of them!" Bruce shouted as Evelyn rolled on her side to get up, feeling blood run down her face.

Before she could get up, she was surrounded by Outriders. Suddenly, a large beam of rainbow-hued light landed in the middle of the action and an axe flew out of it, wreathed with lightning and tearing through the Outriders, freeing them all. It flew back to the light and into its master's hand just as the beam cut out, revealing Thor with a tree and a raccoon. They all looked at Thor in astonishment and happiness, seeing as their friend had survived after all.

"Ah ha ha!" Bruce laughed, opening up the helmet. "You guys are so screwed now!"

"Bring me Thanos!" Thor shouted as he charged toward the hordes of Outriders, followed by his friends, lightning gathering around him until he finally launched himself into the air, landing in the densest concentration of Outriders and making a crater where they had stood.

"Need a hand?" Evelyn asked landing next to Natasha who was swarmed with Outriders. "Duck!"

Natasha quickly crouched down so Evelyn could cut all of them in half with her solar swords. Stopping with a smile, Evelyn wiped the blood away from her face.

"I love it when you do that." Natasha stated, clutching her stomach with a wince. "You good?"

"Yeah." Evelyn breathed out, not feeling the extent of her injuries due to adrenaline. "Call if you need a hand." She added before running away, feeling too tired to fly for a bit.

Helping Wakandan soldiers on her way, she saw Steve and Thor ahead of her and stopped by them as Thor's friend skewered three Outriders with his right arm.

"By the way, this is a friend of mine." Thor spoke, gesturing at him. "Tree."

"I am Groot!" Groot exclaimed with a battle cry.

"I am Steve Rogers." Steve replied tapping his chest.

"I just need a second to catch my breath." Evelyn stated when Steve looked at her with worry. "Thor. Good to have you back."

Thor nodded at her and swung his axe, killing multiple Outriders with it. Evelyn's eyes caught sight of movement behind the trees and watched it turn into vast moving mounds of earth that easily bypassed the force field. Sets of massive, motorized spiked wheels emerged which were intended for nothing more than shredding everything in their paths.

"Duty calls." Evelyn clapped both men's shoulders and unleashed her wings to join Rhodey and Sam.

"Focus that fire on the left flank, Sam." Rhodey commented as Evelyn neared them.

"I'm doing it!" Sam exclaimed, both using firepower to crack the machine but couldn't find a weak spot. "Evelyn, a little help!"

"Here goes nothing." Evelyn mumbled and maneuvered around the Threshers. "Shit!"

Evelyn pulled back when one opened into five. She looked from above and saw they were connected to each other. Taking a deep breath, she forged two long swords and waited an opening to fly down.

"Guys!" Sam called out as Evelyn managed to cut one rod which sent the connected Thresher to collapse into each other. "We got a Vision situation here."

Evelyn looked up and saw Vision falling towards Mount Bashenga and then Sam being tackled by a leaping Outrider.

"Somebody get to Vision!" Steve spoke on the coms as Evelyn freed Sam and both flew up again.

"I got him!" Bruce replied as Evelyn headed towards another set of Threshers to destroy knowing she had to take them all out to lower their casualties.

"On my way." She heard Wanda speak and didn't know she was on the battlefield as well.

Evelyn wasn't lucky as the first time when an Outrider tackled her to the ground. She felt it tear at her shoulder making her yelp in pain. The fall had slowed down her reflexes as she struggled to move her hands up. Suddenly, all the Outriders around her dropped dead and she looked up to see an extended hand.

"Guess we're even." Bucky smiled at her and pulled her on her feet. Evelyn groaned and tried to steady her breathing before weakly smiling back at him.

"Thanks."