[chapter 106]

"Uh..." Natasha spoke as Evelyn made herself a sandwich as they waited. "Is it normal that my scalp is burning?"

"I'm guessing that's what bleach does to your hair." Evelyn shrugged, sitting down on the old couch. "I really liked your long hair to be honest."

"Well, never a better time than to cut and dye my hair than going on the run." Natasha smirked, taking Evelyn's other half of the sandwich. "I still say we should change yours up a bit too."

"Maybe a little trim, nothing else." She replied when the timer went off. "Okay, go wash your hair."

Evelyn and Natasha were in a small apartment somewhere in South America as they evaded capture thanks to their ties with SHIELD, using their intel. Natasha had joined them after a couple of months being on the run, telling them that she had business to deal with in Budapest. Knowing not to question her, they let her be. Evelyn was waiting the news to calm down a little before she could somehow visit Georgiana.

Natasha came out of the shower after a little while, finishing up dyeing her hair blonde. She had convinced Evelyn to get a little trim as they sat in the living room with a plastic bag under them. Feeling nervous, Evelyn had closed her eyes during the process.

"Okay, I'm done." Natasha tapped her shoulder making her open her eyes. Evelyn's eyes widened seeing the hair on the bag and she ran to the bathroom.

"Nat!" She exclaimed looking at her now almost shoulder length hair. "I said a little trim!"

"I'm sorry!" Natasha winced at the door. "I got distracted."

"While you're cutting my hair?!" Evelyn ran her fingers through her hair which felt weird and short, never having used it at that length. "Remind me never to give you scissors again."

"To be fair, I think it really suits you." Both their heads turned to the door after hearing the statement. "It's fresh."

"Thank you, Rogers." Natasha playfully winked at him, making him laugh. "But I think Evelyn looks nice as well."

"Nice isn't the word I would use." Steve muttered as Natasha was leaving the living room to give them a moment of privacy. "Hi."

"You really like it?" Evelyn asked still playing with the tips of her hair.

Steve reached out and ran his fingers through her hair as he looked at her lips for a second. Tightening his hold on her roots, he pulled her closer, smashing his lips on hers. Evelyn sighed into the kiss, wrapping her arms around his neck. She felt her stomach tighten with the way his hand held her hand, the other wandering down her back to her butt, giving it a little squeeze.

"Maybe I should get my hair cut more often." Evelyn breathed out as they broke apart, resting their forehead against each other. "You could've just said you liked it."

"I know." Steve replied huskily, giving her another quick kiss. "But, I like my way better."

"Oh, I'm not complaining." Evelyn smirked running her hands down his arms.

"As much as I'm a fan of this..." Natasha cleared her throat with an amused smile, Sam standing next to her. "We got a mission. Fury sent intel."

"What is it?" Steve asked, both quickly going into business mode.

"A group of terrorists dealing Chitauri weapons." Natasha replied handing the tablet to them. "You know, the usual."

"This just says Syria." Evelyn frowned looking at the little information. "That's not a great intel."

"I know." Natasha replied with a sigh and began walking away. "I'll see what I can find out from my KGB contacts."