[chapter 52]

"Tell me about Zola's algorithm." Steve spoke as he kicked Jasper Sitwell through the door, the man rolling on the floor.

"Never heard of it." He reached for his glasses and put it back on.

"What were you doing on the Lemurian Star?" Steve kept walking towards the man with Evelyn and Natasha, the man walking back in fear.

"I was throwing up, I get seasick." Steve grabbed Sitwell's jacket, keeping him on the edge of the rooftop but the latter just smiled. "Is this little display meant to insinuate that you're gonna throw me off the roof? Because it's really not your style, Rogers."

"You're right. It's not." Steve plastered a smile on his lips and patted Sitwell's shoulder, stepping aside. "It's hers."

On cue, Natasha kicked the man in the chest, making him fall down with a scream.

"Oh, wait." Natasha spoke as Sitwell was plummeting to the ground. "Should we reschedule the double date?"

"Double date?" Steve asked his eyebrows shooting up.

"Nat." Evelyn warned the woman but received a wink in response. "Would you like to join Sitwell?"

"I'm just making conversation." Natasha shrugged, looking back at Steve. "What about Lilian?"

Evelyn sighed in relief when Sam, finally, flew up in his Falcon jet-pack suit holding Sitwell. He threw him down on the roof before landing himself. The trio walked towards Sitwell, the man holding his hands up in fear.

"Zola's algorithm is a program..." He stated, his voice coming out all shaky. "For choosing Insight's targets!"

"What targets?" Steve asked as the man swayed on his knees.

"You!" He waved his hands towards Steve. "Her!" Then at Evelyn. "A TV anchor in Cairo, the Undersecretary of Defense, a high school valedictorian in Iowa city. Bruce Banner, Stephen Strange, anyone who's a threat to HYDRA!" Evelyn frowned, glancing at Natasha. "Now, or in the future."

"The Future?" Steve asked furrowing his eyebrows. "How could it know?"

"How could it not?" Sitwell laughed, finally getting up on his feet. "The 21st century is a digital book. Zola taught HYDRA how to read it." They all looked at him in confusion, waiting for him to elaborate. "Your bank records, medical histories, voting patterns, e-mails, phone calls, your damn SAT scores. Zola's algorithm evaluates people's past to predict their future."

"And what then?" Steve asked when Sitwell began to shake his head, fear evident on his face.

"Oh, my God." He exclaimed rubbing the top of his head. "Pierce is gonna kill me."

"What then?!" Steve took a threatening step towards him.

"Then the Insight Helicarriers scratch people off the list." He replied, seeing the solar flare in Evelyn's hand. "A few million at a time."

Being the only two people there having seen the Helicarriers, Evelyn and Steve looked at each other with worry. They knew there would be no stopping it once they were in air.

"We need to go to Triskelion." Evelyn paced around the roof, pulling at the roots of her hair. "Those things can't get in the air."

"Uh..." Sam approached them, Natasha keeping an eye on Sitwell. "What's Insight?"

"Three next generation Helicarriers with Tony's repulson engines." Steve replied. "Wit many... many lethal weapons."

"Good to know." Sam replied, clearly taken aback.

"When's the launch?" Evelyn marched up to Sitwell, who shook his head. Not having any of it, Evelyn grabbed his collar and held her other hand in front of his face. "Tell me now or so help me god I'll burn you so bad, HYDRA won't be able to identify your body."

"Sixteen hours!" Sitwell choked out, trying to step away from her. "Sixteen hours!"