🍑 Thirty Seven: Guest Room

Georgia was skeptical as hell, over analyzing the entire ordeal in her head, probably, I knew her like a book.

“You didn’t want me knowing you might be going on Maury to find out who is the father. Billy you are NOT the father, Frank you are NOT the father!”

We were laughing so hard I damn near fell out of the bed.

“Sam you are not the father,” I said, warming to our subject with a smile.

“Jarvis, you are damn sure not the father, you’re too fucking fat! Larry,
you’re not the father...you’re too gay.
Veronica…this is your 19th time on the show…Harris is not the father. You’re a whore!”

“But Maury, my son has Larry’s nose! Look at the screen Maury, it’s a mistake it’s a mistake? He has Larry’s eyes!”

God, we were tearing our stomachs up, laughing.

She went on.

“And you don’t know where the father is?” Ok. The spotlight was back on me. Damn, I was trying to evade it.

“No, girl. No clue. And before I could get his number out of his brother’s phone, he snatched it and has been AWOL ever since.”

“Have you tried calling his brother back?”

“Yes. Repeatedly. But he blocked my
number.”

“Crummy men!”

“He was an asshole, really. A big one.”

Her phone rings again. “Damn it,” she said, waltzing over to it like a spoiled brat. “It better not be my cousin again.”

She looked at it. She said. “Oh, good. It isn’t him.” She answered with a smile.

“Well, well, well. Tina. Sup, girl…yea, I know right…Divorce isn’t cool at all,” said Georgia sadly. “What? You’re trying to milk him, girl he has to live, too. I know, but did you actually see him cheat on you…I know, girl what was her name then?”

Her eyes lowered to the floor. Then she looked at me with her mouth open.

“What?” I asked her. “Is it somebody I know? Who are you talking to anyways, Georgia.”

“Oh my God! Princess Webster is my best friend; you mean to tell me your husband called out Princess Webster’s name in his dream?”

The room was spinning, I had to sit down. Why was I smiling, why was I smiling.

“Oh, God, girl! Are you telling me my
Thomas, the man of my dreams, my soul mate is your cousin?”

Georgia said, “Tina, get over to my house, now. Princess is here. And she’s pregnant with Thomas’s baby.”

Georgia’s head snapped away from the phone.

Tina had clicked in her face.

💋💋💋💋💋💋💋

“Princess, this is crazy. You met him at my party?”

I tried to smile. “Yea. He was drunk. Very drunk. I was feeling it, dancin’ and groovin’, Hennessy and Coke pulverizing my blood stream, girl.”

They shared a chuckle. “He approached me.  felt the chemistry. Strong, girl. He could barely stand on his own two feet, Chile. So I led him to the guest room because he was not stable. I wiped his face with a wet rag, trying to nurture him. By then the drink had started to have an effect on me.”

She was really having a hard time with this...