👸🏾 Two: Shaking My Ass

Ed, clinging to his wife Georgia, danced up to me. He looked so cute. She kissed my cheek and I hugged them both. My very good friends.

I knew them for ten years. My Dad was in the Marines with his father, they actually retired together. So we were family.

"Enjoying yourself, girl?" Georgia asked me, her Asian/black ass pulling on her mouthwatering joint.

She had red eyes, and could hardly stand up. I liked her Baby Phat pants suit; she was rocking it with some rhinestone stilettos.

The accessories, the chain belt and the matching chain earrings brought out her eyes.

I took her hand and cupped it lovingly. She was like a sister. We have been through it all together.

Two abortions, two heartbreaks and bad yeast infections forever tarnished our female resume. I was there for her when she first met Ed years ago.

He was a different man then. He used to cheat on her, beat her and talk down to her.

He was a prick and I tried to shoot him plenty of times. He used to hate women, yet he dated them like he loved them.

He didn't even have respect for his own mother. Back then he was a big time gangster. He would shoot you in a heart beat.

But once my father got a hold of him, and showed him a better way of treating women, he got his act together, married Georgia and never cheated or beat on her again.

He needed a role model because his own father was too busy chasing skirts and putting his Mama through hell to be bothered with his seed.

Bottom line Ed was big and all mighty, but he feared my father.

We withstood it all.

I brushed lint from his jacket sleeve. "I'm having fun," I said, noticing a tall guy trying to get his grind on with a white girl over by the pool.

Beach balls were flying here and there, water splashing, half naked adults finding solace in their watery heaven.

I shook my head. I hoped he was careful. That white girl, Pauline, was a robber.

She'd rob his ass in a heartbeat, all while keeping it classy. She robbed so many men that she lost count after twenty.

Ed said, "Dance with me, girl." He possessively took me by the arm.

I pat his shoulder. "Nooo, dance with your wife." I kissed his cheek, taking my arm back. Georgia nodded her appreciation.

She knew that deep down Ed wanted to fuck me; all those men wanted some of my apple pie.

"I'm going to check out the scene. See ya'll later. There's money to be

made out there, girl!"

"Girl don't be tricking all through my house," she joked, kissing my cheek. We squeezed hands fondly, and then I went on my way.

The instant I turned around two men were in my face. Startled, I jumped out of my skin, patting my weave.

One took my hand.

"Hey, baby." He had gold teeth, dirty shoes and an oversized coat. Bitch let me go!

The other man grabbed my other hand. "Are you here with anybody?"

His T-shirt was too small and his jeans were so tight you could see the size of his nuts. Suddenly I didn't like Planter's anymore.

He reminded me of Shabba Ranks and Johnny Gill music video: out of air play.

There was nothing slow and sexy about those men. Before they could say anything else I danced to Khia's "Look Back at it."

Shaking it like it just didn't stop. I pranced past them, snapping my fingers, released a "Heeeeeey!" as loud as I could, twirling my head and out into the sea of dancers...

Shaking my ass all over the place.