33: hospital

jungkook lost track of time sitting in the hospital waiting room, he saw people come and go. crying babies, wounded people, sick people. He saw a lot. but he didn't pay any attention to them. he was waiting for news about his boyfriend. he had calmed down from his feelings leaving his numb empty shell. he had decided to turn off his emotions. he felt too hurt. he couldn't imagine that humans could live with them in a situation like this. did it feel so painful for everyone?

the androids eyes were flashing, he was looking through his saved files. that was something Taehyng didn't know about him. Jungkook was able to save things in his program. videos, audio's and images. so whenever he liked something saw he would save it as a photo or a video. or he could record the sounds. He had A LOT images of taehyung. The most beautiful were the ones he took at the lantern festival. the orange glow lot so beautifully up the dark sky. taehyung looked stunning with the colors. And audio's of him laughing when he tickled the boy. all very cliche things but jungkook loved them. These were his favorite things. It was strange to him that even when he was mostly a robot. He somehow could feel his human emotions slip through which made him confused. He was told he didn't have emotions of his human side anymore.

The raven was lost in his own world when suddenly a person walked in. He exited his files and snapped his eyes to the person alarmed.

"uhm....1192.J.K?" the lady said a bit confused why there was such a strange name on the paper.

"thats me" Jungkook said, looking at her.

"I have information about Kim Taehuyng, he belongs with you if my notes are correct?" the lady smiled a bit looking at the paper and nodded.

"Yes" jungkook sat up curious, he 3wanted to know it already. "how is he? is he okay?!"

"He is stable now. but he lost a lot of blood. The bullet just barely missed a vital part. They managed to get him in a stable condition. but he needs to stay here for a few days so we can monitor him and take care of the first stages of recovery" the lady said.

"can i see him?"

"well, i'm not sure. i don't think he has woken up yet"

"that's okay, i just want to be with him" Jungkook said, his eyes turning sad. the lady sighed and nodded.

"okay, you can come with me then"

Jungkook stood up following the lady through the long hallways. with each step jungkook felt more anxious. his feelings had turned on again but he was again feeling so overwhelmed by them.

"he is in here. dont wake him up yourself. He has a medicine and he will wake up when it has worn off" she informed the other and then stepped aside to let the man inside. "press the button on the wall if you need anything"

"thank you" Jungkook watched the lady leave before looking at the door. the image of his bleeding boyfriend in his arms back in his head. He remembered how cold the boy's hands were getting. the blood that had soaked his pants. Jungkook looked down. He was wearing something the hospital gave him. his clothes were bloody from taehuyng's blood, he coulnd keep wearing them here.

"Okay.... "he said to himself and opened the door. He carefully cl0sed it behind him and walked inside. his eyes falling onto a sleeping boy in the hospital bed. The white covers warm half of his body. his naked torso was wrapped in bandages. He looked peaceful now. he didn't look in pain. he didn't look scared.

Jungkook sighed and walked to the side of the bed looking at Taehyung's face. his hand slowly went to the boy's face and he gently touched it feeling the soft skin. he knew he shouldn't wake him so he stepped back and took a seat on the chair. He will just wait here. He doesn't care how long it will be. He got all the time. He has all the time until his programs will fail and he will shut down.

so waiting wasn't much of a problem...if it wasn't too long.

-

Jungkook was again looking through his saved files of him and Taehyung so he had something to do. When suddenly the heart monitor went a bit faster. Jungkook looked at the boy whose eyes twitched before fluttering open. Immediately jungkook jumped up and looked at him. Taehyung turned his head, noticing jungkook.

"Tae"

"it hurts" is the first thing the boy said and his face turned into a pained one. he wanted to roll to his side but hissed in pain when he tried to do so. "j-jungkook" the boy started crying. jungkook being surprised and confused, put his hand on Taehyung's holding it.

"hey hey, i'm here its okay now"

"i-i don't want to die....i love you"

"you are not going to die, you are in the hospital. they are taking care of you now. it's going to be fine" Jungkook said, wanting to assure the boy and calm him down. "i love you too, we will soon go back home"

"H-han...."

"He has been arrested by the police. you don't have to be scared for that anymore."

"it hurts alot Kookie....i don't like it" taehuyng said.

"I know, but it will get better. I promise you. they told me you will recover"

"I want to hug you.." the boy said and sat up pushing himself through the pain in his chest.

"Ah careful" the android said worried for the other. Taehyung didn't listen and sat up anyway and hugged jungkook. hiding his face in the raven's neck. Jungkook was hesitant to wrap his arms, not wanting to hurt the boy by touching the wound so he put his hands on the boy's waist. They stayed like that for a long time.

"I-im glad you're back," Taehyung said, referring to the time Jungkook was taken over by that virus.

"I am too, but i am even more happy you are okay....i was so scared to lose you.....i-i thought i really was going to lose you" jungkook said and teared up again. Taehuyng looked surprised and cupped the raven's cheeks.

"You said i will be okay, so its okay right?" Taheuyng said not like to see the other sad. "dont cry"

Jungkoo felt taehyung gentle finger wipe away his tears and he smiled at the boy."i'm sorry for not being able to protect you like i promised"

"you did your best, i don't blame you" taehuyng said. He knew that it just didn't go well in the moment, It just happened so suddenly. the boy didn't blame the other at all. compared to everything else jungkook had always kept him safe from any harm. it is okay to make a mistake sometimes. its,

....human....

"i love you, i love you so much," Jungkook said and gave the other a kiss.

"i love you too"

---

thank you for reading see you in the next chapter!

🌼🌼🌼